Peanut sauce + Noodles + Veggies = Yummiest and easiest dinner ever! These peanut noodles are the perfect weeknight comfort meal. This recipe is not only vegan and healthy, but it only takes 25 minutes to make! Add some variety to your dinner menu with this tasty dish.
This post was originally published June 2017. Photos, video, and recipe have been updated.
Nothing is more comforting than a big bowl of noodles. There’s something about meals in bowls that just add another level of comfort for me. This vegan dish is great for dinners or even a cold noodle dish for lunch.
What type of peanut butter to use?
Peanut butter is the key ingredient for this dish. I use natural peanut butter which doesn’t have any added sugars or oils. You can use the rest of the peanut butter to make a smoothie, energy bites, or even cookies!
Ingredients for vegan peanut noodles
What noodles do you use for peanut noodles?
I used rice noodles but ANY noodles would work for this recipe. Soba noodles, spaghetti, or even extra wide rice noodles.
All these noodles I mentioned are vegan, but make sure to look at ingredients as some of them contain egg.
How to make peanut sauce
- Start by whisking together the peanut butter, liquid aminos, agave, rice vinegar, garlic, Sriracha, and warm water. Add more water if the consistency is too thick.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed! You might want more Sriracha for heat, agave for sweetness, or vinegar for tanginess. This is where you let your tastebuds steer the recipe.
Tips for Mix-Ins and Add-Ins
Once you have the peanut sauce made, what you add to it is entirely up to you! I like to sautee veggies in a little bit of sesame oil then mix in the sauce and cooked noodles. Here are some ideas of what you can add to the peanut noodles:
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced mushrooms
- Snap peas
- Bok choy
- Baked tofu
Tips for Meal Prep
You can make the sauce in advance and keep it in the fridge for about a week. It will be very thick when cold so slightly warming up in the microwave and whisking in some warm water will help get it to the right consistency. You want the sauce to be thick and pourable.
From there all you have to do is sautee some veggies, cook the noodles and mix everything together!
How to store leftovers
Leftovers keep in the fridge for about a week. I like to heat up my leftovers in the microwave or even eating them cold! It’s sooo good cold; trust me 🙂
If you tried these vegan peanut noodles, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Peanut Noodles
- 1 14-ounce box rice noodles
For the Sauce:
For the Veggies:
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small broccoli crown cut into small florets
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- chopped peanuts
- green onions
- red chili flakes
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
To Make the Sauce:
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a small mixing bowl. If the sauce is too thick, try adding water 1 Tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust if needed.
To Make the Veggies:
- Heat sesame oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add peppers and broccoli. Let cook until broccoli is vibrant green (about 5-7 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and add sauce and noodles. Mix until combined. Add water if needed to thin out the sauce.
- Stir in green onions, cilantro, red pepper flakes if desired.
- Put noodles in bowls and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- Leftovers keep in the fridge for about 1 week.
- To reheat, I usually use the microwave and add a little bit of water before heating up.
- Leftovers are also great cold!
- You can make the sauce ahead of time (up to 1 week) for easier meal prep.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!