Peanut sauce + Noodles + Veggies = Yummiest and easiest dinner ever! These peanut noodles are the perfect weeknight comfort meal. This recipe is not only vegan and healthy, but it only takes 25 minutes to make! Add some variety to your dinner menu with this tasty dish.
Nothing is more comforting than a big bowl of noodles. There’s something about meals in bowls that just add another level of comfort for me. Let’s not forget to mention my love of carbs too. This vegan dish is great for dinners or even a cold noodle dish for lunch. As the weather gets warmer, I’m looking for low maintenance recipes that don’t require having the oven on.
I’m all about small changes in my diet to help build a healthier lifestyle. Whether it’s getting one more serving of vegetables in through a breakfast smoothie, or swapping out traditional pasta with whole wheat, little changes can lead to big differences. I used whole grain pasta in this recipe and packed in all the veggies I could. Natural peanut butter and coconut oil add healthy fats, but either of these can be substituted with almond butter or olive oil. Cooking doesn’t always have to be following recipes to a T. Use what is assessable to you and swap out ingredients for a healthier option where you seem fit. I encourage you to make changes to see what works for you – and let me know in the comments of course! I love hearing from you.
Okay, now back to drooling over carbs. Even when they are whole wheat 😉 This meal is so quick to make because it just requires boiling pasta and lightly sauteeing vegetables. While the noodles are cooking, you can easily make the peanut sauce and get the vegetables started. Want to reduce time even more? Buy pre-cut or frozen vegetables! They contain just as much or even more nutrients and are very convenient to keep on hand.
This fills me up for quite some time, but to add a little extra protein, I’d recommend some baked tofu or edamame. That’s the beauty of recipes like peanut noodles. You have your grain, veggies, and sauce. What vegetables you use and any additions are limitless!
Tip: If you love spicy food (like myself) and want a little extra kick, try adding more chili garlic sauce!
If you tried these peanut noodles, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Peanut Noodle BowlsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 inch knob ginger peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove
For the noodles:
- 1 box whole wheat spaghetti or soba noodles
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled into ribbons
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 small broccoli crown about a half cup, cut into small florets
- chopped peanuts
- sesame seeds
- Prepare vegetables
- Put all ingredients for peanut sauce in a small mixing bowl. Using a whisk or spoon, mix until well blended. If the sauce is too thick, try adding water 1 Tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat coconut oil in large pan over medium heat
- Add peppers, broccoli, and snow peas. Let cook until broccoli is vibrant green (about 5-8 minutes)
- While vegetables are cooking, heat large pot of water on high heat and cook noodles according to package instructions
- Add carrot ribbons to vegetables and let cook for 1-2 minutes
- Drain noodles and mix in with vegetables
- Pour sauce over noodles and vegetables and toss with tongs. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve immediately
- Top with cilantro, chopped peanuts, and sesame seeds (optional)
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!