Nothing is more comforting than a big bowl of noodles. There’s something about meals in bowls that just add another level of comfort for me. Let’s not forget to mention my love of carbs too. This vegan dish is great for dinners, or even a cold noodle dish for lunch. As the weather gets warmer, I’m looking for low maintenance recipes that don’t require having the oven on. This peanut noodles recipe can be made in less than 30 minutes and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Now were talking!
I’m all about small changes in my diet to help build a healthier lifestyle. Whether it’s getting one more serving of vegetables in through a breakfast smoothie, or swapping out traditional pasta with whole wheat, little changes can lead to big differences. I used whole grain pasta in this recipe and packed in all the veggies I could. Natural peanut butter and coconut oil adds healthy fats, but either of these can be substituted with almond butter or olive oil. Cooking doesn’t always have to be following recipes to a T. Use what is assessable to you and swap out ingredients for a healthier option when you seem fit. I encourage you to make changes to see what works for you – and let me know in the comments of course! I love hearing from you.
Okay, now back to drooling over carbs. Even when they are whole wheat 😉
This fills me up for quite some time, but to add a little extra protein, I’d recommend some baked tofu or edamame. That’s the beauty of recipes like peanut noodles. You have your grain, veggies, and sauce. What vegetables you use and any additions are limitless!
- ½ cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 inch knob ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 box whole wheat spaghetti or soba noodles
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup snow peas
- 1 small broccoli crown (about a half cup), cut into small florets
- chopped peanuts
- sesame seeds
- Prepare vegetables
- Put all ingredients for peanut sauce in a small mixing bowl. Using a wisk or spoon, mix until well blended. If sauce is too thick, try adding water 1 Tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat coconut oil in large pan on medium heat
- Add peppers, broccoli, and snow peas. Let cook until broccoli is vibrant green (about 5-8 minutes)
- While vegetables are cooking, heat large pot of water on high heat and cook noodles according to package instructions
- Add carrot ribbons to vegetables and let cook for 1-2 minutes
- Drain noodles and mix in with vegetables
- Pour sauce over noodles and vegetables and toss with tongs. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve immediately
- Top with cilantro, chopped peanuts, and sesame seeds (optional)
If you recreate these peanut noodles, remember to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @themindfulavocado or #mindfulavocado! I’d love to see your creation. Cheers, friends!