This mason jar ramen is the perfect lunch for work. Customize with your favorite noodles, veggies, and flavor base for a unique ramen! Totally portable customizable, this vegan mason jar ramen recipe is your new BFF.
I know guysssss making lunches to bring to work can be daunting.
The food prep and cooking just takes too much time. If that go-to salad recipe is starting to feel like a deadbeat relationship, keep reading.
I’ve been with you there my friends. I love salads, but sometimes I want to change things up. I mean change is good after all, right?!
Here I’ll show you an easy-to-prep, make-ahead and healthy ramen recipe that will spice up your lunch menu! This simple vegan mason jar ramen recipe is packed with veggies, brown rice noodles and kimchi, but the best part is you can get real creative with the ingredients.
When you’re ready to eat, just pour hot water in your mason jar, mix and watch as your soup makes itself. Not only is this super simple, but it’s also easy to take on the go.
What I love about this recipe is it’s completely customizable and most of the ingredients are interchangeable.
All you need is a carb base (aka noodles), veggies, and a stock base to give the broth an umami flavor. We’ll get into combinations in a bit.
How to make vegan mason jar ramen:
- Start with your broth base. (I use Better than Boullion)
- Layer the “wet” ingredients at the bottom. So any kimchi, cooked veggies, etc.
- Next, add noodles of choice
- Finally, top with leafy greens or toppings like green onions
- Seal up your mason jar and you are ready to go!
For those of you who have never heard of Better Than Bouillon, it is a stock paste. It is a personal kitchen staple for me and makes water taste like a savory stock in no time. Seriously… it’s a cooking game changer.
Ways to customize your vegan mason jar ramen:
Better than Boullion, miso, Thai curry paste
Corn, carrots, kale, spinach, steamed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, bok choy… sky is the limit here!
Rice noodles, traditional ramen noodles, udon, vermicelli, spaghetti, soba noodles are all great choices.
Sesame seed oil, Sriracha, chili garlic sauce
If you tried this vegan mason jar ramen, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
DIY Vegan Mason Jar RamenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 teaspoon bouillon paste (can substitute with miso or Thai curry paste.)
- 3 Tablespoons kimchi (can substitute with sesame seed oil, chili sauce, or Sriracha)
- 1/4 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (can substitute with coconut oil or sesame oil)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice noodles. (can substitute with udon, soba noodles, vermicelli or spaghetti)
- green onions finely diced (optional)
- mason jar the wide mouth containers work best
- Cook noodles according to the package.
- Heat olive oil in small pan on medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Remove mushrooms from heat and set aside.
- Add bouillon paste to the bottom of a mason jar. Spoon kimchi on top. Add corn, carrots, and sautéed mushrooms. Add cooked noodles and top with green onions.
- Put the lid on and place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, remove the lid and pour hot water into the mason jar. Let sit for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!