Homemade granola is SO easy to make and perfect for breakfast! This healthy vegan granola features clusters of oats, pecans, and flaxseeds all sweetened with maple syrup.
Granola is one of my favorite things to make from scratch. Why?
- It’s easy to make
- It’s healthy
- It’s great for meal prep
- It keeps for a few weeks
- It’s simple to customize
Ingredients for maple pecan vegan granola
Tips for making Gluten-free granola
To ensure your granola is GF, make sure to use oats that are certified gluten-free. It will say it on the packaging.
What is the best kind of oats to use for granola?
Rolled oats are the best for making homemade granola. Quick oats are too thin and steel-cut oats just would not work. Rolled oats is the clear choice when making granola from scratch.
How to make vegan granola
Mix together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. I like to use a rubber spatula for this job!
Tips on prepping the pan
Use a non-stick baking sheet or spray an aluminum baking sheet with cooking spray.
Spread the granola into one even layer before baking.
How to get clusters when making granola
Everyone loves nice big clusters in their granola. How exactly do we achieve that?
- Bake the granola at a lower temperature for a longer amount of time
- Do not mix when baking! This will break up any clusters in the making
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan. The clusters need time to cool
Mix-Ins and Substitution Ideas
- Use agave or honey (not vegan) instead of maple syrup
- Use canola or grapeseed oil instead of coconut oil
- Swap out the pecans with cashews or walnuts
- Add mini chocolate chips when done baking
- Add dried fruit such as raisins or dried cranberries
- Mix in coconut flakes, hemp seeds, or chia seeds
How to store homemade granola
- Homemade granola keeps in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 weeks
- Granola will keep in the fridge for about 3 weeks
- Granola can actually be stored in the freezer too! It will keep for about 3 months
What to serve with vegan granola
- Plant-based yogurt (I like Kite Hill, Forager, and SO Delicious brands)
- Add it to a bowl of warm oatmeal for a nice crunch
- Granola makes a great topping for overnight oats
- Smoothie bowls taste so good with granola too!
If you tried this maple pecan vegan granola, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Maple Pecan Vegan Granola
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Spread granola into an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Do not open the oven door or mix granola before 40 minutes. This will break up any clusters!
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before transferring granola. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperate or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!