Creamy peanut butter, oats, chia seeds, coconut rolled together in a ball and adorned with chocolate chips. This easy, no-bake recipe can be pulled together in less than 20 minutes. Best of all, these peanut butter chocolate chip energy bites are naturally vegan, gluten-free, and full of REAL and SIMPLE ingredients!
I’m a major energy bites fan. They are super simple to make, the flavor combos are virtually endless, and they are a healthy snack option. What more could you want? From coconut lime to peanut butter mocha, and even fig bliss balls, I’m crazy about these bite-size treats!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
Well besides the obvious, peanut butter, and chocolate chips, there’s rolled oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, coconut oil, maple syrup, and shredded coconut.
P.S: If gluten is a concern for you, be sure to find certified gluten-free oats! Bob’s Red Mill is a great source for GF oats!
P.S.S: To ensure this recipe is vegan, use vegan chocolate chips! I personally like Guittard dark chocolate chips
How to make energy bites:
Energy bites are as easy as it gets in terms of homemade snack recipes:
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl
- Mix until well blended
- Use hands to roll into tablespoon sized balls
When mixing the ingredients, the mixture will resemble a wet, sticky dough. If it’s too wet, you can add more oats or coconut. If the mixture is too dry, try adding a tad more peanut butter.
I like to make them into golf ball-sized energy balls. The recipe should yield around 15 energy bites.
This recipe is perfect for all my meal prepping friends out there. They keep wonderfully in the fridge so you can make them and have energy bites on deck for when hunger calls.
They are also great for school lunches, snacking on the go, and pre or post workout fuel! The combo of carbs with protein makes them a wholesome and smart snacking option.
Variations of this energy bites recipe:
As with most of my recipes, this one is customizable! Energy bites recipes are typically forgiving meaning you can play with the ingredients to your liking.
- Add protein powder for an extra protein kick. I like Vega protein powder. Chocolate, vanilla, or natural would taste great in this recipe.
- Add flaxseeds, hemp seeds, or chopped nuts
- Substitute peanut butter for almond, cashew, or another nut butter
- Instead of maple syrup, try honey or agave
If you tried these peanut butter chocolate chip energy bites, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you like this energy bites recipe, you’ll LOVE:
Coconut Lime Energy Bites
Peanut Butter Mocha Energy Bites
Fig Bliss Balls
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter slighty heated
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup rolled oats
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, mix well.
- Make energy bites into golf ball-sized balls using your hands
- Leftovers keep for about 7 days in the fridge.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
2 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites”
These sound like the perfect mid-morning treat – healthy and easy to whip up! And I just love peanut butter and chocolate together.
Isn’t it the best? Thanks, Cassidy! 🙂