Pumpkin almond butter aka pumpkin pie in a jar is the most delectable spread! So easy to make and only requires 6 ingredients. Have it on toast, in overnight oats, or straight on a spoon!
Are you ready for this? Pumpkin almond butter, folks.
I’m a big fan of this fall favorite flavor and this pumpkin spice almond butter recipe is where it’s at. This comforting plant-based spread is not only healthy, but literally tastes like the inside of a pumpkin pie.
And it is SO unbelievably easy to make from scratch. The benefit of making your own almond butter at home is you can control the number of ingredients you add to it (think oils, salt, sugar) because most store brands do add these extras. Plus, let’s not forget how cost-efficient it is to make it yourself!
In this recipe, I am giving almond butter a beautiful Fall makeover by adding pureed pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
Let’s thank the pumpkin gods and get to this vegan almond butter recipe.
- Raw almonds
- Pure maple syrup
- Canned pure pumpkin
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Sea salt
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter
Now the key to making this vegan almond butter recipe so good my friends is roasting the almonds first! This little step is crucial to take the flavors to the next level. Roasting almonds really enhances their flavor and brings out the nutty aroma that makes almond butter taste so good. To oven toast the almonds, simply:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the raw almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes. But keep an eye on them after 5 minutes or so to make sure they don’t burn!
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the roasted almonds cool for about 5 minutes before making the butter.
Unless you are adhering to a raw diet, please do not skip this step. I promise it’s so worth it!
Now that’ you’ve got your toasted almonds cooled and ready to go…
Next, add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. The texture should be rich and thick, but still spreadable.
Taste, and adjust seasonings as you like. Then dig right in!
Serving and Storage Suggestions
Homemade pumpkin spice almond butter is delicious on toast, with apple slices, or even celery sticks for a healthy and satisfying snack. It’s also ah-may-zing from the spoon… But if you’re like me and don’t have self-control, I don’t recommend because this almond butter will disappear.
If that’s your style though go ahead, you do you!
Keep the pumpkin almond butter in a sealed container and store in a cool, dry place for up to a week. For longer storage, you can keep it in the fridge for up to one month. Give it good stir when ready to enjoy!
Other Ideas for How to Enjoy Pumpkin Almond Butter
Yes, of course homemade butters are fantastic for smearing and dipping (and eating straight-up out of the jar). However, the fun doesn’t stop there! You can use pumpkin spice almond butter in just about any recipe that calls for regular ‘ol almond, cashew, or peanut butter.
If you tried this pumpkin almond butter recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin canned
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Distribute almonds evenly on a baking sheet. Place on center rack and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove almonds from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Put almonds into food processor and blend until smooth (about 5 minutes) you may need to stop the food processor and scrape the sides as the almond butter tends to stick to the sides. Add maple syrup, pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Process until completely smooth. Store in mason jars or other air tight container.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!