Three magical words. PUMPKIN. SPICE. PANCAKES. This pumpkin pancake recipe is not only delicious, but it’s vegan and gluten-free. Not only do they taste like cinnamon-y pumpkin-y goodness, but they’re made with healthy chickpea flour. Lather on the maple syrup and get a taste of fall with this easy breakfast treat!
Could these pancakes be any more magical?
Growing up, pancakes were this weekend ritual. Having the time to make breakfast and enjoy it together is something that I always appreciated. Even now, I value my precious weekends by enjoying the mornings and eating delicious food with friends and family.
What is chickpea flour?
Some of you may have never heard of chickpea flour, aka garbanzo bean flour, but this lovely legume can be used in more ways than we ever thought possible (like aquafaba, for example).
Chickpeas or garbanzo beans are extremely versatile and they are a great source of fiber and lean protein! I’m still very much on board with the healthy substitution trend to make my favorites a *little* bit healthier (leaving room for extra maple syrup of course!).
After all, saying yes to more maple syrup IS what life is all about 😉
The basic rule for baking cakes and in this case, pancakes, you want to mix the wet ingredients together, then the dry, and lastly, add the dry to the wet.
While it doesn’t matter too much with pancakes, I like to follow this method as I feel like it yields the best results. If one bowl mix is your thing, I fully support less hassle and dishes.
How to make chickpea flour pancakes:
- Add pumpkin puree, almond milk, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl
- Mix chickpea flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt into a small bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just mixed. Pancake batter should be thick and scoopable.
Top these pumpkin pancakes with warm almond butter, maple syrup and granola for an all-out indulgence.
This pumpkin pancake recipe is perfect for all those breakfast and brunch lovers, myself included.
If you tried these vegan and gluten-free pumpkin pancakes, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Chickpea Flour Pumpkin PancakesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, almond milk and vanilla extract, and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix chickpea flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. If the batter seems a little thick, add one tablespoon of almond milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spray pan or griddle and set to medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into heated pan or griddle and cook until bubbles start to form on the surface and edges are golden brown.
- Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Best served with granola and maple syrup.
Note: In case you’ve never heard/seen of chickpea flour, but are intrigued, I recommend Bob’s Red Mill brand.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!