Crunchy graham cracker crust with creamy chai spice pumpkin filling is the ULTIMATE duo. These vegan mini pumpkin pie bites are something to be thankful for! Top with coconut whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon for a delicious dessert.
YUP you read that right. CHAI SPICED MINI PUMPKIN PIE BITES!
Can you tell I’m excited about this?!
Now I’m normally I’m team cake, but when it comes to pumpkin pie, I cannot resist. These vegan mini pumpkin pies are the perfect dessert recipe to make for Thanksgiving, or any occasion really because they are perfectly portioned and so adorable.
I was thinking about what flavors complement pumpkin pie spice and that’s when I thought of chai. This spicy blend in the crust makes the perfect pair with pumpkin pie filling.
Ingredients for vegan mini pumpkin pie bites
There are two major components for pumpkin pie – the crust and the filling.
- Graham crackers
- Coconut oil
- Coconut sugar
- Chai spice
- Pumpkin puree
- Corn starch
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
How to make vegan mini pumpkin pie bites
Add all the ingredients for the filling into a blender or food processor and blend until silky smooth.
Spoon filling on top of the crust and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
How to tell when mini pumpkin pies are done baking?
Easy! Stick a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, then they are fully baked. To let the pumpkin pie set, they should sit for 2-3 hours or overnight. Yes, this is where you get to practice patience!
Can you freeze mini pumpkin pie bites
Yes! These are the perfect freezer-friendly dessert. Simply bake and store in the freezer once cooled. Top with coconut whipped cream right before serving to freshen them up!
These mini pumpkin pie bites are so cinnamony with the perfect amount of flavorful spice chai brings to the table. These vegan pumpkin pies are soo legit and they make my kitchen smell amazing. That in itself is worth giving this recipe a try.
These are so easy to make and literally the most adorable dessert. Look no further, your Thanksgiving dessert recipe is all set with these vegan chai-spiced mini pumpkin pies.
If you tried this vegan mini pumpkin pie recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Mini Pumpkin Pies with Chai SpicePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling!
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 3-4 Tablespoons coconut milk from can*
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream
- crushed pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break graham cracker into pieces and put in blender or food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the crust and pulse until graham crackers are finely ground.
- Spoon graham cracker mixture in a mini cupcake tin. Flatten crust.
- Bake crusts for 5 minutes. Place in the fridge to cool while making the filling.
- Add all ingredients for filling to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Take crusts out of the fridge and spoon in filling. Flatten tops with a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Let chill for 2-3 hours or, preferably, overnight.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!