OKAY PEOPLE you read that right. CHAI SPICED MINI PUMPKIN PIE BITES! Can you tell I’m excited about this?! Now I’m normally my of a cake fan, but when it comes to pumpkin pie, I cannot resist. Mini pumpkin pies are the perfect dessert recipe to make for Thanksgiving, or any occasion really, because they are perfectly portioned and so adorable. I was thinking about what flavors complement pumpkin pie spice and that’s when I thought of chai. This spicy blend in the crust makes the perfect pair with pumpkin pie filling.
Behold: this mini vegan pumpkin pie recipe that tastes delicious, but might actually not be all that bad for you. As I mentioned previously, I’m a major fan of bite-size treats because they’re the perfect portion to curb that sweet tooth without derailing your diet. This is the perfect recipe to bring to a potluck and share with family and friends. There’s something to be thankful for.
I made a graham cracker crust because the taste chai spice with cinnamon graham crackers sounded like pure bliss. This crust took me a lot of trial and error, but it was so worth it because I’m really happy with the results. It’s so cinnamony with the perfect amount of flavorful spice chai brings to the table. These vegan pumpkin pies are soo legit and they make my kitchen smell amazing. That in itself is worth giving this recipe a try.
Chai Spiced Mini Pumpkin PiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For the crust:
- 8 sheets graham crackers
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons chai spice
For the filling:
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 3-4 Tablespoons coconut milk from can*
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream
- crushed pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Break graham cracker into pieces and put in blender or food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the crust and pulse until graham crackers are finely ground.
- Spoon graham cracker mixture in mini cupcake tin.
- Flatten crust. I found the end of a citrus reamer worked great!
- Bake crusts for 5 minutes. Place in fridge to cool while making filling.
- Add all ingredients for filling to blender and blend until smooth.
- Take crusts out of fridge and spoon in filling.
- Flatten tops with knife or spatula.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fork comes out clean from center.
- Let chill for 2-3 hours or, preferably, overnight.
Top these babies with some healthy coconut whipped cream for the ultimate treat!
These are so easy to make and literally the most adorable dessert. Look no further, your Thanksgiving dessert recipe is all set with these vegan chai spiced mini pumpkin pies.
You can find this recipe along with other creations I’ve made on Brit + Co!