Crunchy graham cracker crust with creamy pumpkin pie filling is the ULTIMATE duo. These vegan mini pumpkin pies are something to be thankful for! Top with vegan whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon for a delicious dessert.
This post was originally published in November 2016. Pictures, recipe, and post have been updated.
YUP you read that right. VEGAN MINI PUMPKIN PIE BITES!
Can you tell I’m excited about this?!
Now I’m normally I’m team cake, but when it comes to pumpkin pie, I cannot resist. These vegan mini pumpkin pies are the perfect dessert recipe to make for Thanksgiving, or any occasion really because they are perfectly portioned and so adorable.
Ingredients for vegan mini pumpkin pie bites
There are two major components for pumpkin pie – the crust and the filling.
- Graham crackers
- Vegan butter (I like Earth Balance, Miyokos, and Country Crock Plant Butter)
- Cane sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Corn starch
- Non-dairy milk (I use oat milk)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
How to make vegan mini pumpkin pie bites
- Start by adding all the ingredients for the crust in a blender or food processor. Press the mixture into a mini cupcake tin and prebake the crust in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling into a blender or food processor and blend until silky smooth.
- Spoon filling on top of the crust and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
How to tell when mini pumpkin pies are done baking?
Easy! Stick a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, then they are fully baked. To let the pumpkin pie set, they should sit for 4 hours or overnight. Yes, this is where you get to practice patience!
Can you freeze mini pumpkin pie bites
Yes! These are the perfect freezer-friendly dessert. Simply bake and store in the freezer once cooled. Top with coconut whipped cream right before serving to freshen them up!
These are so easy to make and literally the most adorable dessert. Look no further, your Thanksgiving dessert recipe is all set with these vegan chai-spiced mini pumpkin pies.
If you tried this vegan mini pumpkin pie recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Mini Pumpkin Pies with Graham Cracker Crust
For the Crust:
- 5 full sheets graham crackers (use a brand/variety without honey to ensure they are vegan)
- 2.5 Tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
For the Filling:
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling!
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup oat milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream
- crushed pecans
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a mini cupcake tin with liners.
- Add graham crackers, sugar, cinnamon, and salt to the food processor. Pulse to break up graham crackers.
- With the food processor on low, pour in melted vegan butter. The mixture will begin to resemble wet sand.
- Stop the food processor and stir well using a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Fill each mini cupcake liner with 1/2 Tablespoon of the mixture. There will be some leftover crust, so save it as a topping!
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool while you make your filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Rinse out the food processor. Add all ingredients for filling to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of filling into each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Let chill for 4 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Add desired toppings such as vegan whipped cream, cinnamon, chopped nuts, or extra graham cracker crumbles!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!