OKAY PEOPLE you read that right. CHAI SPICED PUMPKIN PIE BITES! Can you tell I’m excited about this?! Now I’m normally #teamcake, but when it comes to pumpkin pie, I cannot resist. I was thinking about what flavors complement pumpkin pie spice and that’s when I thought of chai. This spicy blend in the crust makes the perfect pair with pumpkin pie filling.
Behold: this mini vegan pumpkin pie recipe that tastes delicious, but might actually not be all that bad for you. I’m a major fan of bite-size treats because they’re the perfect portion to curb that sweet tooth without derailing your diet. This is the perfect recipe to bring to a potluck and share with family and friends. There’s something to be thankful for.
I made a graham cracker crust because I like the idea of incorporating the chai spice to cinnamon graham crackers. This crust took me a lot of trial and error, but it was so worth it because I’m really happy with the results.
- 8 graham cracker sheet
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons chai spice
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch
- 3-4 Tablespoons coconut milk from can*
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut whipped cream
- crushed pecans
- Break graham cracker into pieces and put in blender or food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the crust and pulse until graham crackers are finely ground.
- Spoon graham cracker mixture in mini cupcake tin.
- Flatten crust. I found the end of a citrus reamer worked great!
- Bake crusts for 5 minutes. Place in fridge to cool while making filling.
- Add all ingredients for filling to blender and blend until smooth.
- Take crusts out of fridge and spoon in filling.
- Flatten tops with knife or spatula.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fork comes out clean from center.
- Let chill for 2-3 hours or, preferably, overnight.
Top these babies with some healthy coconut whipped cream for the ultimate treat!
These are so easy to make and literally the most adorable dessert. This is the perfect treat to make for Thanksgiving!
You can find this recipe along with other creations I’ve made on Brit + Co!