Can I get a YAS please for some chunky granola?! This granola recipe takes the cake in my book. Nothing beats a homemade batch of granola that has clusters of oats and nutty goodness. Okay, clearly it doesn’t take much to swoon me, but seriously, this recipe is a must try.
I’ve attempted (and failed) at granola so many times all to get this perfect batch. I could never get my granola recipe with perfect clusters like the store bought kind. But I discovered the secrets and I’m here to share them with you. This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten free so there’s something to feel good about. I love this granola on yogurt, pancakes, overnight oats, smoothie bowls, and by itself. Yea, I think it’s safe to say I’m a major granola fan.
Chai spice is one of the most underrated flavors in my opinion. While a staple in Indian culture, it adds such a deep, rich, and spicy flavor to desserts and sweets. It’s such a delicious flavor combo in granola because it tastes amazing with the rolled oats and pecans.
Granola is one of those foods I just couldn’t shake from buying at the grocery store. But it is pretty pricey and it’s so easy to make. I can make a big batch of this stuff and store it in an air tight container for weeks. Plus an added perk is my house smells incredible when making a batch of granola giving me a real Susie Homemaker status.
- 2 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup walnuts chopped. (any other nut would substitute fine)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 and ½ Tablespoon chai spice*
- ½ Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat oven at 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour mixture onto baking pan.
- Bake on top rack for 20 minutes. Do not mix granola because this will break up the chunks.
- Rotate pan and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Check frequently to make sure the granola does not burn.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.
Did you give this chai spice granola recipe a try? Let me know in the comments below or tag me on Instagram using hashtag #mindfulavocado!