Can I get a big YES please for some chunky granola?! This vegan granola recipe is full of flavor and packed with huge clusters. Nothing beats a homemade batch of granola that has clusters of oats and nutty goodness. Okay, clearly it doesn’t take much to swoon me, but seriously, this recipe is a must try.
I’ve attempted (and failed) at granola so many times all to get this perfect batch. I could never get my granola recipe with perfect clusters similar to the store-bought kind. But I discovered the secrets and I’m here to share them with you. This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free so there’s something to feel good about. I love this vegan granola recipe on yogurt, pancakes, overnight oats, smoothie bowls, and by itself. Yea, I think it’s safe to say I’m a major granola fan.
Tips on how to get clusters in your granola:
- Do not mix when baking. Mixing the granola will prevent any clusters from forming. Instead, rotate pan to ensure even cooking.
- Let cool completely before handling after removing from oven. This will also help any clusters maintain their shape.
- The sugar helps clusters form! If you are watching your sugar intake and want to lessen the amount of sugar, that is okay, the granola will taste the same; however, you won’t enjoy all the cluster goodness that comes with this recipe.
Chai spice is one of the most underrated flavors in my opinion. While a staple in Indian culture, it adds such a deep, rich, and spicy flavor to desserts and sweets. It’s such a delicious flavor combo in granola because it tastes amazing with the rolled oats and pecans.
Granola is one of those foods I just couldn’t shake from buying at the grocery store. But it is pretty pricey and it’s so easy to make. I can make a big batch of this stuff and store it in an airtight container for weeks. Plus an added perk is my house smells incredible when making a batch of granola giving me a real Susie Homemaker status.
If you tried this vegan granola recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Super Chunky Chai Spice GranolaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
* To DIY your own chai seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour mixture on baking sheet.
- Bake on top rack for 20 minutes. Do not mix granola because this will break up the chunks.
- Rotate pan and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Check frequently to make sure the granola does not burn.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!