Can I get a YAS please for some chunky granola?! This granola recipe takes the cake in my book. Nothing beats a homemade batch of granola that has clusters of oats and nutty goodness. Okay, clearly it doesn’t take much to swoon me, but seriously, this recipe is a must try.
I’ve attempted (and failed) at granola so many times all to get this perfect batch. This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten free so there’s something to feel good about. I love my granola on yogurt, pancakes, overnight oats, and straight up.
Chai spice is one of the most underrated flavors in my opinion. While a staple in Indian culture, it adds such a deep, rich, and spicy flavor to desserts and sweets.
- 2 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup walnuts chopped. (any other nut would substitute fine)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 and ½ Tablespoon chai spice*
- ½ Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat oven at 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour mixture onto baking pan.
- Bake on top rack for 20 minutes. Do not mix granola because this will break up the chunks.
- Rotate pan and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Check frequently to make sure the granola does not burn.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.