Chocolate and peanut butter oats combined with chopped nuts and dark chocolate chips, this peanut butter chocolate granola recipe is so rich and decadent. Top yogurt parfaits and smoothie bowls with this sweet treat!
Granola is probably one of my favorite things to make in the kitchen. It’s so easy, cheap, healthy, and makes your house smell amazing! What more could you ask for?
I won’t go as far saying this peanut butter chocolate granola tastes like a Reeses, but I will say it’s close to an healthy-ish version of Reese’s Puffs. Naturally vegan and gluten-free, you can’t go wrong with this granola!
Ingredients in homemade granola:
Granola is super forgiving meaning you can adjust the ingredients to your liking or swap things out and the recipe will still yield amazing results.
This recipe includes:
- Rolled oats
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
I even bought most of these ingredients in bulk, meaning you pay by the pound and this can reduce the costs even further. Grocery stores like Whole Foods have a big bulk section.
How to make peanut butter chocolate granola:
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a mixing bowl
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet
- Bake on 275 for 20 minutes, rotating the pan about 15 minutes in.
- Once cooled, stir in chocolate chips
Tips for granola making:
- Do not mix when baking. When you turn the granola when baking, you break up the chunks that we all love. Just let it bake and do it’s thing.
- Bake low and slow. The oven temperature should be low and the cook time is longer. This allows the granola to bake to crunchy perfection.
- Let cool completely. When done baking, let the granola cool completely before transferring or handling. If the granola is still warm, you will break up those precious chunks!
Ways to use granola:
- Top on yogurt, oatmeal, or overnight oats
- Add to smoothie bowls
- Healthy snack on the go
- In a bowl with almond milk, or another plant-based milk topped with banana slices
If you tried this peanut butter chocolate granola, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Peanut Butter Chocolate GranolaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust oven rack to the middle.
- Add everything except chocolate chips into a mixing bowl and mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Spread evenly onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack.
- Rotate the pan and bake for 5 more minutes. Do not mix granola while baking to achieve chunky granola.
- Once granola is cooled, stir in chocolate chips. Store leftovers in airtight container. Lasts about 1 week.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!