Nuts and seeds enrobed in maple syrup and cinnamon makes the most delicious and versatile granola recipe ever! Top your favorite yogurt or smoothie bowls with this healthy granola.
Have you ever tried making homemade granola? It’s like, super easy. It’s so cost-effective to make and you can customize it however you want.
Watching your sugar intake? You can adjust that.
Watching your oil? You can adjust that.
Have a gluten or nut allergy?
You can adjust that. Not really BUT you can create a granola to suit your needs.
I think you get the idea. Granola is so simple to make and you can make loads of granola for a fraction of the price of a tiny bag from the grocery store.
Plus, it makes your house smell amazing. Perks of making homemade food!
Ingredients in granola:
What I love about granola is there isn’t a cookie cutter, one size fits all recipe. You can adjust the ingredients to your liking. I personally love making granola when I have bits of ingredients leftover from recipes and I don’t know what to do with them.
This recipe includes:
- pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- sesame seeds
- craisins (dried cranberries)
How to make homemade granola:
Simply throw all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well and throw on a baking sheet. Yup, I told you it was super easy; however, here are some keys to making chunky, crunchy granola:
- Do not mix when baking. When you turn the granola when baking, you break up the chunks that we all love. Just let it bake and do it’s thing.
- Bake low and slow. The oven temperature should be low and the cook time is longer. This allows the granola to bake to crunchy, golden-y perfection.
- Let cool completely. When done baking, let the granola cool completely before transferring or handling. If the granola is still warm, you will break up those precious chunks!
Ways to use granola:
- Top on yogurt, oatmeal, or overnight oats
- Add to smoothie bowls
- Snack on granola by itself
- In a bowl with almond milk, or another plant-based milk
- Mix with apple slices, granola, and almond butter for a healthy sweet snack
No matter how you take your granola, it’s a healthy recipe you can feel good about.
This granola is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and only requires simple REAL ingredients. It’s chunky, crunchy, nutty, and sweet all bundled into little clusters.
If you tried this healthy granola recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Super Seedy Healthy GranolaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust oven rack to the middle.
- Add everything into a mixing bowl and mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Spread evenly onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack.
- Rotate the pan and bake for 5 more minutes. Do not mix granola while baking to achieve chunky granola.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!