Hip hip for smoothies! A good superfood smoothie is one of my favorite breakfast recipes when the weather gets warmer. Not only does this smoothie recipe taste good, it is a great way to sneak in some extra veggies! Starting out your day with a healthy vegan recipe like this is the best thing you can do for your health. This recipe is packed with nutrient dense ingredients keeping you energized and healthy. Here’s a little break down of the benefits:
Spirulina: Contains tons of vitamins, iron and protein. You can check out this recipe for spirulina too!
Watercress: Did you know scientists named this the healthiest veggie out there? It has immunity boosting and cancer preventative powers. Add this to your smoothie to give it a healthy kick
Spinach: By now we know spinach is a healthy green. It’s loaded with vitamin A and K along with calcium, zinc, and protein
Coconut water: Contains enzymes that boost metabolism
Mango: Another cancer preventative food and is great for skin
Avocado: Great source of heart healthy fat!
Make this drink the night before and take it with you for a breakfast on the go. Let’s keep this smoothie movement rolling.
During the week I don’t have time to make breakfast so my go-tos are usually overnight oats or smoothies. This week has been especially sunny and it’s beginning to feel like Spring is making her appearance. I love smoothies as a snack or breakfast in the warmer months because they are so refreshing and make me feel great.
- 1 17.5 ounce can coconut water
- 1 avocado
- 3 heaping handfuls of spinach (about 3 cups)
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder ( I recommend Vega or Warrior Blend)
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- ½ cup watercress
- 1 cup frozen mango
- Pour coconut water into blender
- Cut avocado and remove pit. Scoop insides and add to blender
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until smooth
- Pour in glasses and enjoy!
- Some of my personal favorite protein powders are Vega All in One , or Sunwarrior Warrior Blend. Both really good and do not taste chalky whatsoever!
- Spirulina can be found in both health food stores or online
Related: Superfood Spirulina Acai Bowls