Spinach, mango, watercress, avocado, coconut water, and protein powder are all it takes to whip up this delicious mango green smoothie recipe! These tasty vegan smoothies are packed with healthy goodness (no banana!) and SUPER easy to make!
Hip hip hooray for smoothies!
A good vegan superfood green smoothie is one of my favorite breakfast recipes when the weather gets warmer. Not only does this green smoothie with fresh and fruity mangos recipe taste amazing, but it is also a great way to sneak in some extra veggies!
It’s blended and ready to go in only a few minutes, so it is perfect to make as a last-minute breakfast or snack before you head out the door.
Bonus: This healthy smoothie recipe is made with only 6 simple ingredients – and no bananas! So if you are not a banana fan, this one is definitely for you.
- Coconut water
- Vegan protein powder
How to Make a Mango Green Smoothie
There is seriously so little effort needed to make this vegan smoothie, it barely counts as a recipe. The blender does all of the heavy work – so you get to just push a button, sit back and sip!
- If using fresh mangoes, peel and slice. (You can flash freeze the slices on a baking sheet for one hour to have a thicker smoothie.) Halve the avocado and remove the pit.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy!
Mango Green Smoothie Recipe Tips
- To make a thicker smoothie, use frozen mango and avocado chunks!
- Need to thin out your green smoothie? Add a splash or two of more coconut milk and blend again.
- I use vanilla protein powder, but feel free to use any other flavors you like.
- As-is this recipe makes 2 generous servings. Feel free to halve the recipe for one, or double the ingredients to make 3-4 large smoothies to share.
- Enjoy the smoothie right away. Green smoothies tend to lose their fresh, vibrant flavors if they sit around for too long.
The Best Vegan Protein Powders
Traditional protein powders are usually made with dairy whey. Vegan powders, however, have the same nutritional benefits from plant-based ingredients.
These vegan versions often include pea protein, flaxseed, hempseed, and all kinds of good-for-you goodness. Plus, most brands have several different flavors available like vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate. So there are basically no limits to the different flavor combos you can create with protein powder plus fresh fruits and veggies!
Try this mango green smoothie recipe with you choice of vegan protein powder, and let me know in the comments which one you like the most!
If you tried this mango green smoothie recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Mango Superfood Green Smoothie
- 1 17.5-ounce can coconut water
- 1 avocado
- 3 heaping handfuls of spinach (about 3 cups)
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder (I recommend Vega or Sun Warrior Blend)
- 1/2 cup watercress
- 1 cup frozen mango
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!