Fresh greens, a banana, almond milk, and a touch of flax seed come together to make this quick and easy smoothie recipe. It’s perfect for breakfast on the go or a healthy snack option.
We all need those go-to recipes in our arsenal.
A recipe you know like the back of your hand that’s always there for you in a pinch.
That’s what smoothies are for me.
I can whip up smoothies like it’s nothing. But it wasn’t always like that. I learned what I like in smoothies, what consistency I like, etc.
A classic green smoothie is the perfect healthy breakfast option or even a filling snack. I like green smoothies as they are an easy way to get in some veggies. This green banana smoothie recipe is as basic as it gets. Very little ingredients are needed to whip up this beverage.
Ingredients in a green banana smoothie:
First off, we have greens and bananas (duh, Amanda). Then we have almond milk and flax seed. I like to think of this combo as the super basic base.
From here we can add all kinds of ingredients and the possibilities are endless!
Add everything to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Why are green smoothies good for you:
Smoothies are a low calorie, low carb beverage that can act as a meal replacer. In my opinion, a smoothie is not a meal replacer unless it has some filling ingredients like protein powder, flax seed, etc.
It’s an easy way to get a serving (or two) of veggies into your diet. Which can be hard for some people to get their veggie intake every day.
Tips to customize this smoothie:
- For greens, try spinach, baby kale, or chard
- Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries for a natural sweetener
- Try adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I like Vega brand!)
- For a superfood boost, add hemp seeds or chia seeds
- Use maple syrup, agave, or honey to sweeten up the smoothie
- Instead of almond milk, try another plant-based milk, coconut water, or regular H2O!
If you tried this vegan banana green smoothie, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Banana Green SmoothiePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 handfuls spinach can substitute with baby kale or other green of choice
- 1 medium banana frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon agave optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and enjoy immediately!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!