A smoothie recipe that only requires four ingredients? Sign me up! Add greens or protein powder for an upgrade, but this simple blueberry acai smoothie is so quick and easy to whip up and tastes delicious!
Smoothies are everything, literally. I drink them all the time. I’m surprised my blender hasn’t given up on me considering how much I use it. I love how easy it is to make a healthy meal and how delicious they can taste. Not going to lie, most of the time my smoothies look a lot like mud, but I say if yours aren’t the same you’re doing it wrong! Smoothies are a great way to get a serving of fruits and vegetable in at the start of the day.
Where to buy acai
Acai can be purchased in a frozen pack or powder form. Both options work great, but I like the powdered form because it packs more of an acai flavor. The acai puree, or frozen packs, will yield a thicker smoothie, but if you use frozen bananas and frozen blueberries this will make your smoothie thick as well!
Note: Some acai packets are sweetened, so if you are watching your sugar, make sure to check out the nutrition label!
Benefits of acai
Acai is a berry that is native to South America and it is now known in the U.S mainstream health world as a “superfood” Acai contains a ton of antioxidants for starters, but its great for clean skin, digestion, as well as weight loss.
Acai powder can be used in fresh acai bowls and smoothies alike! Acai bowls are topped with fresh fruit, granola, and a drizzle of honey (optional) and are a healthy plant-based breakfast. When I don’t have time to make an acai bowl (let’s be real, most mornings), I opt in for the smoothie recipe. Simply throw all the ingredients in the blender for an easy breakfast on the go!
Don’t get me wrong, I love a relaxing breakfast, sipping coffee, scrolling the ‘gram, eating a giant stack of pancakes. But not every morning can be started this way *sigh. Smoothies are a quick nutritious option and they can be put together in a matter of minutes. When I have a hectic day, smoothies it is!
Tip: Premeasure your ingredients (minus the liquid) in mason jars and store in the freezer. This is a huge time saver during the week!
Tips to give this smoothie an upgrade:
- Add spinach, kale, or any greens to get a dose of vegetables in for breakfast. Nearly 99% of my smoothies contain some type of leafy green!
- Use strawberries, raspberries, or a combination of all the berries for a tasty flavor
- Don’t like bananas? Well, first come talk to me to see how we can change your mind on that, BUT try substituting half an avocado in the smoothie! This will give a creamy texture without banana
- Add protein powder to make this recipe a complete and filling meal
If you tried this blueberry acai smoothie recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Simple Blueberry Acai Smoothie
This simple blueberry acai smoothie is so easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients. Simply toss all your ingredients into a blender to make this fool-proof recipe. This thick and creamy smoothie is a healthy way to kickstart your day!
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tablespoons acai powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into glasses and enjoy
- Add all ingredients (minus the almond milk) in mason jars and put in the freezer to save time on prep work!
- You can use acai puree instead, I would just reduce the amount of almond milk to 1/4 cup and add more liquid if necessary
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!