This pineapple kale smoothie is made using simple ingredients and tastes like the tropics! Get in your servings of fruits & vegetables with this easy vegan smoothie recipe!
Where are my smoothie fans at? When the weather gets warmer, smoothies are my go-to breakfast or snack recipes. They are super quick to whip up, healthy, and I can really get my fruits and veggies intake.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a decadent ice cream sandwich every now and then too… it’s all about BALANCE people amiright?!
So I would consider this smoothie recipe more of a snack than anything because it only requires 4 ingredients! We’ll get into ways to beef up this smoothie in a moment to make it a delicious meal replacement.
How to make a pineapple kale smoothie
Blend almond milk, kale, pineapple, and banana in a blender and blend until smooth.
Tip: To make smoothie cold and creamier, use a frozen banana instead!
Note, if your blender needs a little love, I discovered Enbizio, a website that sells replacement parts for blenders as well as other kitchen gadgets!
Benefits of pineapple kale smoothie
It’s no surprise pineapple and kale are packed with health benefits! Here’s a breakdown:
- Inflammatory rich food
- Natural detox for the body
- Great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A
- High in fiber
- Rich in antioxidants
- Is loaded with Vitamin K
Both kale and pineapple have great health benefits and when combined they make one powerhouse of a smoothie!
Variations of this smoothie:
Okay, now that we have the basics down, it’s time to customize this recipe!
- Add mango for an extra health boost and tropical punch
- Add ginger for a spicy kick
- Substitute banana with avocado for a creamy texture (and a banana free smoothie!)
- Add yogurt for a protein boost
- Blend your favorite vegan protein powder (I recommend plain or vanilla) for a meal replacement shake
- Substitute kale with spinach or another leafy green
- Add chia seeds, flax seeds, spirulina, or another super food for a health boost
- Use coconut milk instead of almond for a more tropical flavor
Customize this pineapple kale smoothie recipe to your liking! Even if you can’t take that paradise vacation at the moment, we can pretend with this healthy smoothie.
If you tried this pineapple kale smoothie, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Pineapple Kale SmoothiePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups kale destemmed and chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple can substitute with frozen
- 1 medium banana can be fresh or frozen
Additional Add-Ins (optional):
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!