These no-bake energy bites are filling and packed with sweet coconut lime flavor. With fewer than ten ingredients and no cooking needed, you can make a delicious and filling bite-sized vegan snack in a snap!
Oh hey, little coconut lime energy balls of goodness. These little snacks are the perfect vegan and gluten-free treat and they are SO GOOD.
The blend of lime and coconut is the perfect mini marriage and I could devour this flavor combo forever. Besides this favorite pairing, this ridiculously easy coconut lime energy bites recipe has lots of nutritious things going on. I’m talking rolled oats, chia seeds, and cashew butter to name a few.
Now it’s time to get your snacking on and make these cuties.
Are energy bites healthy?
I feel like the term energy bites have gained popularity in the past few years and with a name like “energy bites” they gotta be healthy right? Well, it depends. Some energy bite recipes are really high in fats and sugars, making them not the healthiest option out there.
However, the plus side of making your own food is being in control of how much of each ingredient you use. Watching your sugar intake? No problem – just lessen the amount of sugar. This lime and coconut energy bites recipe is simple to customize and very forgiving!
I personally like eating a few of these before I work out because it’s the perfect amount of substance that will keep me going. Basically, they make a great snack or a perfectly portioned dessert if you are trying to curb that nagging sweet tooth.
I’m the type of person who needs to have a snack every couple hours (who would have thought a food blogger would have food on their mind so much?) but I try to consume healthy snacks as much as possible.
Ingredients for Energy Bites
- Rolled oats
- Cashew butter
- Agave nectar
- Lime juice
- Lime zest
- Coconut oil
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
How to Make Vegan Coconut Lime Energy Bites
There are only 3 easy steps to make sweet and tasty energy bites with lime and coconut.
- Add all the ingredients (except for the shredded coconut) to a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Add shredded coconut and pulse a few times. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the the fridge, and use a cookie scoop to form into balls. You can also use a regular spoon and eye ball it!
You should wind up with about 14 energy bites.
Tips for How to Store Homemade Energy Bites
Once I make a batch of energy bites, I like to keep them in the fridge and take a couple with me on the go. They will last a week or two stored in a sealed container- although they’ve never lasted that long in my fridge!
These will also store great in the freezer, too, for up to six months. Put them in an airtight zipper bag before freezing for maximum freshness. Thaw the bites overnight in the fridge before eating.
Coconut Lime Energy Bites Recipe Variations
Feel free to mix things up and customize these yummy little cuties to your liking. Here are just a few suggestions for recipe tweaks you can make:
- Swap cashew butter with natural peanut butter (almond butter will overpower the lime and coconut flavors).
- You can use honey instead of agave nectar for a non-vegan version.
- For a bit more crunch and healthy goodness you can add finely chopped cashews or pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
- Make these an even sweeter treat by including finely chopped pitted Medjool dates.
- Easily double the recipe! Then you can keep half in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week, and have a batch ready to go in the freezer.
If you tried this energy bites recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If You Like this No-Bake Easy Recipe You Should Also Try:
Coconut Lime Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (can substitute with natural peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add all the ingredients except for the shredded cococut to the food processor and blend until well combined. The mixture will begin to come together like a very thick dough.
- Add shredded coconut and pulse until combined. Place the food processor bowl in the fridge and refrigerate for 30 minutes – 1 hour so the dough is easy to work with.
- Remove bowl from the fridge and use a cookie scoop to form into balls. It should make about 14 energy bites.
- Leftovers keep best in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. Any longer, store in the freezer for up to six months.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
4 thoughts on “Coconut Lime Energy Bites”
I tried these and they were so easy to make and tasted wonderful! Anything with lime and coconut is my favorite. I did not have cashew butter so I substituted with peanut butter and they were excellent. Thanks for a great recipe!
Thanks, Tonia! I’m so happy you enjoyed 🙂
I need to make these for a post-workout snack! Thanks for sharing!
They make the BEST post-workout snack! 🙂