Avocado fries that can be made with four ingredients, bake in 15 minutes, and are vegan, and gluten-free?! Some things just sound too good to be true but behold my friends, these baked avocado fries will change your life for the better.
What are avocado fries?
Well, exactly what they sound like! They are avocado slices, breaded, and in this case, baked to perfection. They are good for you because they are a healthy source of fat and this recipe is oil-free!
If you’re looking for a healthy snack or appetizer that’s vegan, keto, paleo, and delicious then keep reading!
This avocado fries recipe is fabulous because only 4 ingredients are required!
- Almond milk
- Almond meal
I used cajun seasoning but any seasonings you’d like will work here!
How to make baked avocado fries
Start by simply cutting an avocado, peeling off the skin, and then cutting into wedges. Next just dip in some almond milk and last cover in almond meal mixed with cajun seasoning.
Place on a nonstick baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
That’s all there is to it people, this is a pretty fool-proof recipe!
How to pick an avocado for avocado fries
When selecting avocados for avocado fries, it’s best to find an avocado that’s firm, but every so slightly soft to the touch. If the avocado is too firm, peeling off the skin will be difficult. If the avocado is too soft, they will be hard to manage and fall apart when breading.
Spice variations for avocado fries
The cajun seasoning makes these avocado fries so delicious and seriously takes them to the next level! If cajun or spice is not your thing, I recommend Italian seasoning, some dill or rosemary, or just go with the basics: salt and pepper! However you decide to make them, your end result will be amazing.
Best dipping sauce for avocado fries
Now let’s talk about some dips. I’m all for creamy dips!
I made this dip with vegan mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and buffalo sauce (highly recommend!) If strict vegan, you can substitute the yogurt for a vegan variety.
If you tried out these avocado fries, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Baked Avocado Fries
- 1 large avocado not too ripe
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut avocado lengthwise and twist halves to separate. Remove pit and peel skin off. Cut into wedges.
- Pour almond milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl mix almond meal and cajun seasoning.
- Dip avocado slices in almond milk then press in almond meal to coat avocado slice on all sides. Using a spoon to pour the almond meal on the avocado makes this step easier and less messy!
- Place avocado fries on nonstick baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes. Taste best if eaten immediately.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!