These cute guacamole cups are super easy and delicious! Baked tortilla cups filled with LOADED guacamole make for the perfect bite-sized app. All you need are 5 ingredients and 20 minutes.
If you’re just as smitten over adorable finger foods as me, then you’re in the right place. These cuties are so easy and fun to make and are perfect for your game day celebrations this weekend (or even as a mid-day lunch snack).
Baked tortilla cups filled with guacamole, grilled corn, fresh tomatoes, red onion, and some jalapeno for heat (totally optional of course). They are seriously soooo good!
Ingredients for guacamole cups
- 2 WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE packages
- Large flour tortillas
- Red onion
- Corn (frozen or fresh)
- Olive oil
WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE is America’s #1 selling refrigerated guac brand and a step above the rest. Made with hand-scooped Hass avocados and no added preservatives, this guac basically tastes homemade. This is especially convenient when it’s hard to find ripe avocados.
The makers of WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE, refrigerated guacamole brand) are helping fans prevent pre-game injuries related to their favorite Sunday football snack.
With the big game just around the corner, it’s also one of the biggest days for avocado consumption and by using WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE, you’re avoiding any risk to avocado-related knife injuries (which is far more common than you think!)
How to make guacamole cups
Start by cutting your tortillas. Use a knife (or pizza cutter!) to cut off all the edges or the tortillas, forming a square. Then, cut that square into 4 smaller squares. You will get 4 squares from 1 large tortilla.
Spray a cupcake tin with cooking spray and put your tortilla squares into each cavity. This recipe makes 24 cups so you either have to bake them in batches or use two cupcake tins.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
While the tortilla cups are baking, grill your corn. Use fresh or frozen corn and sautee it with a little bit of olive oil.
Combine the guacamole, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno (optional) and corn. Mix well!
Once the tortilla cups are baked, use a cookie scoop or a spoon to divide the guacamole equally into each tortilla cup. Garnish with lots of toppings and voila! The easiest vegan appetizer EVER!
Variations of this recipe:
- To make these guacamole cups gluten-free, use corn tortillas instead. They typically don’t make large corn tortillas as they aren’t ideal for burritos, but you can get street taco size and put them in the cupcake tin as they are!
- Use any toppings you’d like! Vegan sour cream, cotija cheese (not vegan), black olive slices, chopped bell pepper, etc. Get creative with this one!
Meal Prep Tips:
This recipe is super easy so prepping anything in advance isn’t usually needed. However, you can bake the tortilla cups the day before and just mix the guacamole before serving. I would not recommend prepping the guacamole in advance because avocado browns fairly quickly once the package is open.
Avocado is safe to eat when it browns (it’s the air that causes it) but it sure doesn’t make an appetizing snack when the guacamole is brown.
But Wait, there’s a giveaway happening:
The makers of WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE are spotlighting its products as “Avocado Hand Insurance” in order to protect fans’ precious hands at a time when safety matters most
While it’s not an insurance company, they’re offering fans an opportunity to enter for one of two chances to win free “Avocado Hand Insurance”—in the form of a year’s supply of convenient, ready-to-serve WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE products.
Additionally, one grand prize winner will receive $4,000 to use for a luxurious, VIP pampering session typically reserved for hand models, or whatever they choose, as well as become the next WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE hand model.
Now through February 7, just upload a video of your best dip on Instagram and tag @eatwholly to be entered for a chance to win a year’s supply of WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE products and a chance to be the brand’s next hand model.
If you tried this vegan guacamole cup recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Easy Guacamole CupsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 large tortillas
- cooking spray
- 2 7.5 ounce packages Wholly Guacamole classic guacamole
- 1 roma tomato diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 red onion finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 jalapeno finely diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1+1/4 cup frozen corn can substitute with fresh (see notes)
- small jalapeno sliced thinly
- cilantro finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stack tortillas and place them on a cutting board. Cut off the edges to create a square. Cut the square into 4 smaller squares. You should have 24 squares total.
- Spray a cupcake tin with cooking spray. Fill each cavity with a tortilla square. Press down all the sides to create a tortilla cup. Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned and crispy. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cupcake tin.
- While the tortillas are baking, cook the corn. Heat olive oil in a small pan on medium heat. Place frozen corn in pan (no need to thaw first) and cook for 5-7 minutes until corn begins to brown. Set aside 2 Tablespoons to use for topping.
- In a mixing bowl, combined both packages of guacamole, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, and corn. Mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, put guacamole in tortilla cups. Garnish with desired toppings. Enjoy fresh!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!