Chewy energy bites that are bursting with lemon poppyseed flavor are so easy to make and only require five ingredients. Perfect healthy homemade snack to keep on hand!
Hellooooo energy bites fan!
These little balls of delight are my favorite because I am crazy about anything lemon flavor. From scones to lemon loaves, right down to these cute little lemon poppyseed energy bites.
This energy bite recipe is packed with healthy and simple ingredients making them the perfect snack.
Ingredients in lemon poppyseed energy bites
The main ingredients for the texture are dates, cashews, and oats.
Then the flavor elements are fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and poppy seeds.
One question I get often is “Where can I buy poppy seeds?”
You can find them in almost any grocer- they can be found in the baking aisle or in the spices. Of course, you can always order some from Amazon too.
How to make lemon poppyseed energy bites
- Add dates to a food processor and chop up a few times. Note: Ensure the dates are pitted or you remove the pits!
- Add rest of the ingredients (minus poppy seeds) and process until it looks like a sticky, pliable dough.
- Fold in poppy seeds and using a cookie scoop or spoon, make energy bites.
These no-bake power balls are perfect for snacking on the go or work lunches. They are high in protein and healthy fats so they will keep you fuller, longer!
Energy bites also make a healthy dessert when the sweet tooth is calling your name!
How long do energy bites last?
Energy bites keep in the fridge for about 10 days. They can also go in the freezer for about 3 months!
If you tried these lemon poppyseed energy bites, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you like this energy bite recipe, you’ll LOVE:
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Coconut Lime Energy Bites
Fig Bliss Balls
Peanut Butter Mocha Energy Balls
Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites
- 1.5 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Add dates to a processor and pulse a few times until dates are finely chopped.
- Add oats, cashews, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Process until the mixture resembles a sticky dough. If the dough is too wet, add some more cashews or oats. If the dough is too dry or crumbly, add more warm water 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Transfer mixture to mixing bowl and fold in poppy seeds. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out mixture and roll into balls.
- Leftovers keep 7-10 days in the fridge.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
9 thoughts on “Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites”
They sound great poppy seeds are a real favourite of mine, I used to always associate them with savoury dishes but they are incredibly popular in sweet dishes here in Hungary. I must try these!
Lemon and poppy seeds are on of my all time favourite combinations!! These energy bites look so healthy and I love that. It would be so great to make a huge batch and then snack on these instead of something not as healthy!! Cheers
Yes! I love making energy bites to have healthy snacks on hand. Much better than processed granola bars!
I love the addition of the lemon to these energy bites! I also love the poppy seeds! Can’t wait to try your recipe!
The season for lemon is here and to celebrate you have chosen a perfect recipe, I am going to try your recipe as these looks so delicious.
Thanks so much!
so healthy – perfect to take along on hikes now that the weather is warmer and hiking is becoming more frequent!
Oh great idea! Perfect snack for hikes and camping!