Vegan energy bites made with chai protein powder plus a handful of pantry staples make for the best snack! So easy to make and perfect for keeping hunger at bay.
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are my own!
It’s safe to say I’m an energy bite addict.
This vegan energy bite recipe is extra special because it uses protein powder which makes them extra filling.
How to make Vegan Energy Bites
Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined. The mixture should be similar to cookie dough.
Place the mixture in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to help set the dough.
Once it is slightly chilled, use a small cookie scoop to form into uniform balls.
Can you eat raw oats in energy bites?
There’s some debate as to whether raw oats can be good or bad for your digestive system. For me, I can consume raw oats without a problem. If you find raw oats hurt your stomach or you have any digestion issues, here are some tips on how to combat that!
- Use quick oats. Quick oats are similar to rolled oats but they are thinner (that’s why they cook faster!)
Ways to customize this energy bite recipe:
- Instead of using chai protein powder, you can use a natural or vanilla flavor and add chai spice!
- Swap out cashew butter with any other type of nut butter
- Make sure the oats are certified gluten-free to ensure this snack is GF!
- Add chopped nuts or dried fruit instead of using chocolate chips
How to store energy bites
Energy bites keep best in the fridge. They can last about 2 weeks in an airtight container.
If you tried these chai vegan energy bites, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Chai Vegan Energy Bites
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes so they are easier to handle.
- Using a small cookie scoop, make energy bites. Roll the mixture in between your hands to create uniform balls.
- Enjoy! Leftovers keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!