Colorful vanilla cake bites are going to make you party like it’s your birthday. These 5-ingredient little cookie dough-like truffles are dipped in sprinkles, taste totally indulgent, AND are completely gluten-free and vegan. Make this easy no bake vanilla birthday cake bites recipe anytime you feel like celebrating your wonderfully sweet self!
Are they cookie dough bites? Energy balls? Cake batter truffles? Whatever you want to call these vanilla birthday cake bites, your mouth will be saying mmmm….
They have a perfectly smooth and creamy texture, with colorful little sprinkles throughout for a ‘lil crunch. And, let’s be real, we would not be using the word “birthday” if they didn’t have sprinkles! But although these bites are in the sweet treat category, they’re surprisingly healthy. I make this cake bites recipe with cashew butter and almond flour for gluten-free, protein-packed, and completely vegan snack.
Or dessert, or breakfast!
You just need 5 ingredients, and start to finish this recipe only takes about 45 minutes. Yes, that’s including chill time! So get going making a batch as soon as the sweet craving starts to creep up, and take a bite of no-bake birthday cake in less than an hour.
- Cashew butter
- Almond flour
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
How to Make the Best Vanilla Birthday Cake Bites Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free!)
Are you ready for how easy this no-bake recipe is? These are the 3 simple steps to cake bite bliss:
First, combine all of the ingredients – except for a tablespoon or so of the sprinkles – in a medium mixing bowl.
Next, use a cookie scoop to form the bites into pingpong-sized balls. You can also use a half tablespoon as a scoop.
Place them on a plate and refrigerate. Let them chill for at least 30 minutes. Or, if you can, leave them for a full hour to get the firmest texture.
Spread the remaining sprinkles on a plate or in a shallow dish. Once the cake bites have set, gently roll them around in the sprinkles. You want the birthday cake cookie dough bites to have the colorful sprinkles covering them aaaall around.
Enjoy them right after they’ve been sprinkle-afied, or stick them back in the fridge until later.
Cake Bites Recipe Variations
- I use rainbow sprinkles in the photos here. However, you can totally get creative and use one solid color or any sprinkle color combo you prefer. This vegan cake bites recipe is (and super cute!) for parties or special events.
- Not into sprinkles? Not a problem! There are lots of other goodies you can mix in the vegan cookie dough and use to coat the cake bites. Swap sprinkles for mini vegan chocolate chips, crushed cookies, dried and chopped fruits, or shredded coconut.
- Add more protein to the bites by mixing in and rolling the sweet energy balls in chopped nuts. Use your choice of finely chopped cashews, pecans, or almonds for extra crunch and flavor.
- Feel free to swap the cashew butter with almond butter or other preferred nut butter.
- This vanilla birthday cake bites recipe makes a dozen (12) individual balls. But you can double or even triple the ingredients to make in larger batches.
Yummy vanilla birthday cake bites will keep well in the fridge for at least a week or two.
They can also be frozen! After chilling, flash freeze the bites for about one hour. Then transfer to an airtight zipper bag and place in the freezer. They’ll stay good for about 6 weeks. Thaw in the fridge for a few hours before eating, and then keep in the fridge. Once you’ve frozen them once, don’t let them thaw and then refreeze.
If you tried this vanilla birthday cake bites recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest to see what I’m cooking up.
Vanilla Birthday Cake Bites
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop, form into balls. If you don't have a cookie scoop, spoon out half a tablespoon. Place bites in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour.
- Pour sprinkles on a plate. Roll chilled bites in sprinkles. Enjoy right away or keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!