What better ingredient for energy bites than a little dose of caffeine? These no-bake energy balls are the perfect bite-sized snack! Loaded with peanut butter, dates, coffee, chocolate, and dusted with cocoa powder, these are perfect for pre and post workout or just a snack on to go!
Energy bites, protein balls, energy balls, whatever you wanna call em, they have achieved major popularity in the healthy food world. They are packed with healthy ingredients all in a perfect portion.
I made some coconut lime energy bites awhile back and I honestly cannot believe it took me this long to test out a chocolate coffee version. Well probably not the best-suited recipe for children (they have too much energy as is), you can omit coffee to make them kid-friendly. Chocolate peanut butter energy balls are still delicious and definitely a kid-approved flavor combo.
I, however, am I huge coffee fan and coffee flavor foods are no exception. The coffee stays for me and I love these mocha energy bites! Let’s get you to love them too.
Tips to customize your energy balls:
- This energy bites recipe is sweetened with dates and agave but you can use maple syrup, honey, coconut syrup, basically any liquid sugar you prefer!
- Add chocolate protein powder instead of cocoa powder. I’ve been drinking the vegan chocolate protein powder from Beachbody and it tastes great in this recipe!
- Swap out peanut butter for almond or cashew butter for a healthy substitute
What I love about this recipe is how easy energy bites are to make. If you have a food processor, add the dates and pulse until in fine pieces, add the remaining ingredients and pulse again until well combined.
They are great to prepare on your meal prep days to have a healthy snack throughout the week. I like to eat a couple paired with fresh fruit after my morning workouts or an afternoon snack when my sweet tooth is nagging me.
I’m not really sure where the name energy bites was invented, but these little gems are truly magic. They are naturally sweetened and packed with superfoods to give you a wholesome, healthy snack. Try making this recipe and opting out of the store brand granola bars for a clean-eating, raw vegan, gluten-free snack!
If you tried this peanut butter mocha energy balls, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Related: Coconut Lime Energy Bites
Peanut Butter Mocha Energy BitesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Place pitted dates in the food processor and pulse until in small pieces
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until a sticky wet-dough like consistency
- Put in fridge for 20 minutes to set
- Remove from fridge and roll into balls 3/4 inch in diameter. Should yield about 16 balls
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder on plate and roll energy bites in cocoa
- Store leftovers in the fridge. They should keep for a week!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!