Juicy peaches topped with a sweet and crispy oat crumble and baked to perfection. This vegan peach crisp is so easy to make and the BEST Summer dessert!
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are 100% my own!
There are not too many things better than a warm peach crisp. In fact, it’s pretty high up there on my list of favorite things.
What makes this peach crisp so good?!
- Warm peaches that release so many juices and flavors when baking
- A healthy crumble topping using coconut sugar and coconut oil
- Crunchy golden oats and chopped pecans paired with soft sweet peaches is truly a match made in heaven
Ingredients for vegan peach crisp
For the peach base:
- Fresh peaches
- Cane sugar
- Lemon juice
- Corn starch
For the oat topping:
- Coconut sugar (can use brown sugar)
- Whole wheat flour (substitute with gluten-free flour to make this recipe GF)
- Coconut oil
- Baking powder
How to make vegan peach crisp
Start by greasing the baking pan (or cast iron skillet) with some coconut oil and add all the ingredients for the peaches. When this mixture sits, the juices from the peaches release. The cornstarch though helps to ensure your peach crisp isn’t too juicy!
Do you have to peel peaches for crisp?
Nope! I personally do not remove the skin from my peaches. You can if you wish, but I don’t think it is necessary.
Add all the ingredients (minus the oats) and cut the solid coconut oil into the mixture.
Tip: If the coconut oil you are using is liquid, just pop it in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up.
Once the coconut oil is incorporated, stir in the oats.
Bake until the top is golden brown. Underneath the peaches are juicy and soft!
What to serve with peach crisp
Nothing beats a nice cold dollop of vanilla ice cream. One of my favorite vegan ice cream brands is So Delicious!
Can you substitute fresh peaches for frozen
Frozen peaches can be used if fresh peaches are not in season. Just add 10-15 minutes extra in bake time if the peaches are coming directly from the freezer. You can thaw them out before baking too. In that case, you wouldn’t want to add any more baking time.
Keep in mind frozen peaches might be juicer than fresh peaches when baked.
Just whatever you do, do not use canned peaches in syrup!
How to reheat peach crisp
Keep leftovers for peach crisp in the fridge. When ready to reheat, you can heat in the oven on 350 for 10-15 minutes. For all my impatient friends (myself included) it can be reheated in the microwave as well.
Bob’s Red Mill carries all the baking essentials I need to make this peach crisp! From whole wheat flour, organic oats, to coconut sugar and cane sugar. I just need to bring the peaches and Bob’s handles the rest of the party!
If you tried this vegan peach crisp, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Peach Crisp
- 4-5 medium peaches pitted and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegan vanilla ice cream So Delicious brand is good!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease bottom of a pan or cast iron skillet with coconut oil. Add sliced peaches, cornstarch, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the oat topping except for the oats. Cut the solid coconut oil into the mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in oats.
- Pour oat topping over peaches. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is nice and golden brown.
- Serve warm with vegan vanilla ice cream. YUM!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!