Cookie lovers unite! Let be real, is there anything better in this world than a warm cookie straight from the oven? I think not. Dreams really do come true with these vegan coconut almond chocolate chip cookies! They are soft, rich, melt-in-your-mouth kind of cookies. Inspired by the classic Almond Joy, your taste buds are in for a real treat.
I’ve gotten myself hooked on the Great British Bake Off show on Netflix, and let me tell you – it’s been driving my sweet tooth crazyyy. How can anyone watch a show about people baking these amazing cakes and pies without wanting to jump through the screen and eat everything in site? While I can’t attest that these cookies are as yummy as the stuff you see in this show, I promise you these vegan babies are delicious and dying for you to bake them, eat them, and love them.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid
- ⅛ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ flax egg (1.5 Tablespoons flax + 4.5 Tablespoons water - see notes)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup sliced almonds
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut - sweetened or unsweetened. I used unsweetened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Make flax egg and place in fridge to set
- Add coconut oil, sugar, flax egg, almond extract, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to mixing bowl
- Mix with hand mixer until wet sand texture
- Add flour to wet mixture ½ cup at a time until dough like texture
- Fold in choc chips, coconut, and almonds
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly on baking sheet
- Bake for 10 - 12 mins
- Let cool 2-3 mins
This recipe was loosely adapted by the Vegan Richa