With fall approaching faster than you can say goodbye to summer, I’m already thinking about this year’s Halloween costume. Halloween isn’t complete without a proper party, and what better way to treat your guests than to give them delicious sweets! Since Halloween parties tend to be candy-packed soirees, I created a way to beat the sugar high with these healthy, Whole30, raw vegan avocado bars. They’re packed with healthy ingredients so you get to reap all the beneficial treats — without any tricks 🙂 Keep reading to see how it’s done.
- 1 cup Medjool dates (roughly 10, pitted)
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-3 medium avocados (about ¾ cup)
- 4 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- blender or food processor
- 8 x 8 inch brownie pan
- Add all ingredients for bottom layer to blender or food processor. Blend until dates are smooth and nuts are in tiny pieces.
- Pour contents into 8 x 8-inch brownie pan and, using hands, smooth out on bottom of pan.
- Place pan in freezer while working on top layer.
- Add avocados to a bowl and mash well with the back of a fork.
- Rinse out blender or food processor and add all ingredients for top layer and blend until completely smooth.
- Remove pan from freezer and pour on top of bottom layer in 8 x 8-inch pan and smooth out. Use knife or spatula to smooth out top.
- Freeze 4-6 hours or overnight to set.
- Leftovers keep in freezer. When ready to serve, let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. It’s best to not leave these sitting out for too long, since the top layer gets soft quickly!
You can find this recipe along with other creations I’ve made on Brit + Co!