This post was originally published in May 2016. New pictures, updated content, and revised recipe have been made.
There’s something about bite-sized desserts I love.
- They are cute
- They are the perfect portion
- They are fun to make
That’s enough reasons to make these raspberry raw cheesecake bites, right?
This raw cheesecake recipe is a no-bake one making it PERFECT for those days you don’t want to turn on the oven.
Ingredients for raspberry raw cheesecake bites
This vegan recipe only requires 8 ingredients! Walnuts, dates, and shredded coconut make up the base.
Cashews blended with coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and raspberries make the super creamy filling.
How to soak cashews
Start by soaking the cashews for the creamy filling. Put cashews in a glass or jar and fill with water until all of them are covered. Let soak for 2-3 hours.
Quick soak method
Forgot to soak your cashews? No worries! Simply boil water and pour over cashews. Let sit uncovered for 30 minutes and you’re good to go!
How to make raw vegan cheesecake bites
- Start by making the base. Add walnuts, dates, and shredded coconut in food processor and pulse until combined. The walnuts should be in fine pieces.
- Rinse out the food processor and add ingredients for the creamy filling (minus the raspberries). Process until completely smooth.
- Scoop out about half of the filling and add fresh raspberry puree and blend until smooth.
- Press the base into a mini cupcake tin and add a layer of plain filling, then a layer of raspberry filling on top.
- Smooth out the top using a dull knife or bowl scraper. Place in the freezer to set (about 3 hours)
- Soak the dates for about 10 minutes before processing. It will make it much smoother!
- Ensure your dates are pitted! This is a recipe ruiner if you pulse them with pits, unfortunately. The package will specify if they are pitted or not.
How to make raspberry puree
Raspberry puree is required for this recipe but luckily it’s super simple to make! This just removes all the raspberry seeds from the raspberries so you are left with a smooth substance.
Place raspberries in a fine mesh strainer and use the back of a spoon to mash raspberries. Do this over a bowl to catch the juice.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, paleo and refined-sugar free. Top these raw cheesecake bites with frozen raspberries for a yummy garnish!
Substitutions for raspberries
Swap out raspberries for any berry (or a combination of berries) to better suit your tastebuds!
Blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries would all taste great. You don’t necessarily have to make a puree for these berries as they don’t have as tough of seeds but you can if you would like.
If you tried these raspberry raw cheesecake bites, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you like this raw cheesecake recipe, check out my black sesame matcha raw cheesecake bites!
Raspberry Raw Cheesecake BitesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For the base:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates soaked in water for 10 minutes (roughly 12 dates)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
For the filling:
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least 3 hours* (see notes for quick method)
- 1/2 cup can coconut milk put in fridge overnight before use**
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil slightly melted
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Soak cashews: Place cashews in glass or jar and fill with water. Let soak for 3 hours. For quick soaking method: pour boiling water over cashews and let sit uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. This separates the solid from the liquid.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
To Make the Base:
- Add shredded coconut, soaked dates, and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until nuts are in very tiny pieces.
- Fill mini cupcake tin with 1 Tablespoon of mixture and press down with your fingers. Put in the freezer to set while making the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Rinse out food processor and place all the ingredients for the filling minus the raspberries in the food processor. Blend until smooth. Stop food processor and scrape sides with a rubber spatula to get all the cashew pieces blended.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and spoon 1/2 Tablespoon filling over the crust.
- Make raspberry puree by mashing 1/2 cup of raspberries in a fine mesh strainer to separate the seeds from the juice. Put raspberry puree in food processor with remaining filling. Process until blended.
- Top each cheesecake with raspberry layer. Use the backside of a butter knife or bowl scraper to smooth out tops.
- Freeze for 3 hours or overnight. Take out of the freezer and let thaw for 15 minutes before consuming. Store any leftovers in the freezer.
- * A fast method for soaking cashews is to put them in a glass cup and pour boiling water over them. Let sit uncovered for 1 hour.
- ** The coconut cream separates from the milk when cold. I use the cream in my recipe for a more creamy texture. Save the milk to use for smoothies or other recipes!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!