Chocolate, peanut butter and pretzel – try to think of a better flavor combination, I dare you. This flavor trifecta is simply perfection and what better way to get your snacking on than with these granola bars. This recipe THE best and I can get enough of ’em. When the hunger gets real, sometimes you just need a little indulgent snack to hold you over. Instead of grabbing a store-bought, processed snack, these plant based granola bars are made with real ingredients and are easy to make ahead and keep on hand. I also love that they are packed with protein, carbs, and natural fats to keep you full and healthy.
I’m planning a trip to New Orleans in the coming weeks and I’m always looking for healthy food I can take with me on flights. I don’t know what it is about airplanes, but it feels like I cannot stop snacking. This is the perfect recipe for me to make ahead and take with me to calm any hanger pains.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola BarsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- In large mixing bowl, add oats, chia seeds, chopped almonds, chocolate chips, and pretzels
- Add peanut butter and agave nectar to small pot and melt on low heat stirring frequently until peanut butter is completely smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oats and mix together
- Using a rubber spatula, add mixture to a parchment-lined 8 x 8 inch pan
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes to set
- Remove from fridge and cut in rectangles
- Store in fridge to preserve freshness