Let’s give it up for quick and healthy dinners. This vegan fried rice is so delicious and super easy to me. If you can’t find the time to cook dinner during the week, you are not alone. My style is more like making a big batch of food that will last me for the entire week. Sometimes when I don’t have the time to make a labor intensive meal, I keep some quick options in my arsenal. That’s where this bad boy comes into play. Fried rice is so comforting and while the name doesn’t sound healthy, this recipe contains WAY less sodium and oil than if you were to order out. This fried rice recipe calls for liquid aminos which are a great vegan and gluten free alternative to soy sauce. While they contain more sodium than soy sauce, it can be used as a healthy source of protein and carry essential amino acids when meat and dairy are not apart of your diet. I also used coconut oil for it’s great healthy fat benefits. Not to mention all the veggies I pack into this dish.
Yea, you heard that right… fried rice CAN be healthy! So get your chopstick skills on and try this for an easy meal!
I love brown rice and being vegetarian, healthy carbs are a must in my life. If you are watching your carb intake though, cauliflower rice would taste amazing with this recipe as well!
- ½ cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons liquid aminos (I use Braggs)
- ½ Tablespoon agave nectar
- ½ Tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch of green onions/scallions
- 1 block tofu (optional)
- If making tofu, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove tofu from packaging, wrap in paper towels, and place on plate. Set a heavy object on top and let sit for at least 10-15 mins
- Remove tofu from paper towels and cut into squares
- Place on parchement lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes
- Wisk together liquid aminos, agave, and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- Rinse brown rice in a mesh strainer for 1 minute
- Bring 1 cup water to a rolling boil and add rice
- Let simmer for 40 minutes. Add more water a ¼ cup at a time if needed
- Once rice is fully cooked, fluff with a fork, place lid on pot, and remove from burner
- Heat skillet on medium high heat and add coconut oil
- Add minced garlic and let simmer until fragrant (about 30 seconds)
- Add vegetables and cook until tender (about 10 mins)
- Add cooked rice and sauce mixture, stir until combined
If you give this vegan fried rice a go, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @themindfulavocado or #mindfulavocado! Or write me a comment below. I’d love to see your creation. Cheers, friends!