Get ready to fall in love with this stupid easy vegan fried rice recipe! Only 10 ingredients will get you a delicious meal on the table.
Let’s give it up for quick and healthy dinners!
This vegan fried rice is so delicious and super easy to me. If you can’t find the time to cook dinner during the week, you are not alone. My style is more like making a big batch of food that will last me for the entire week.
Sometimes when I don’t have the time to make a labor-intensive meal, I keep some quick options in my arsenal. That’s where this bad boy comes into play.
Fried rice is so comforting and while the name doesn’t sound healthy, this recipe contains WAY less sodium and oil than if you were to order out.
Ready your chopsticks and let’s cook!
Ingredients in vegan fried rice
- Brown rice
- Liquid aminos
- Chili garlic sauce
- Coconut oil
- Veggies (fresh or frozen)
How to make vegan fried rice
- Rinse rice and add to pot with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Whisk together liquid aminos, agave, and chili garlic sauce.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Add veggies and sautee until cooked through.
- Add rice and sauce and cook until heated through.
What veggies are best for fried rice?
You can use any veggies on hand. I think fried rice is the perfect recipe to use up any veggies in the fridge. Here’s some ideas:
- Sweet potato
A combination of corn, peas, and carrots is my favorite. A time-saving tip is to buy the vegetable medley in the frozen section to use for this recipe!
Variations of vegan fried rice
- To make this recipe low carb and gluten-free, substitute brown rice with cauliflower rice! Skip the boiling step and saute the cauliflower rice with the veggies to make vegan cauliflower fried rice.
- If you can’t find liquid animos, tamari, coconut animos, or soy sauce are all great options.
- For a protein boost, add tofu to the dish! Press tofu and cut into small squares. Sautee with the veggies before adding rice.
If you tried this vegan pear galette let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Easy Vegan Fried RicePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons liquid aminos (I use Braggs)
- 1/2 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch of green onions/scallions
- 1 block extra firm tofu optional
If Making Tofu:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove tofu from packaging, wrap in paper towels, and place on a plate. Set a heavy object on top and let sit for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Remove tofu from paper towels and cut into small squares.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
To Make Fried Rice:
- Wisk together liquid aminos, agave, and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- Rinse brown rice in a mesh strainer for 1 minute.
- Bring 1 cup water to a rolling boil and add rice. Let simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, fluff with a fork, place lid on the pot, and remove from burner.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat and melt coconut oil.
- Add vegetables and cook until tender (about 10 mins).
- Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add cooked rice and sauce mixture, stir until combined.
- Top with green onions before serving.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!