This activated charcoal latte recipe is creamy, detoxifying, healthy, and so delicious. Steamed almond milk mixed activated charcoal powder, sweetener, and a splash of vanilla is all it takes to make this frothy beverage.
This post was updated on 12/1/18 with some new images and additional tips.
Move over, unicorn hot chocolate and turmeric lattes — there’s a new drink in town, and it will make your inner goth squeal. Activated charcoal lattes are the next big thing, and they are stunning.
Charcoal Latte Benefits:
Activated charcoal is the magical ingredient pulling off the black hue and it’s not just for looks. Activated charcoal can have major benefits in your beauty routine, but it’s also super detoxing if you consume it.
Not only can it cleanse your digestive system, but it’s also great for reducing bloating and increasing energy.
Note: Just like any vitamin or mineral, you should talk to your doctor before trying something new. Here’s some more information on activated charcoal to look into!
The first time I consumed activated charcoal was at a Pressed Juicery as a lemonade. I was skeptical of trying it because the drink was pitch black. They offered me a sample and I seriously could not believe it tasted just like lemonade. Once I learned about the benefits of charcoal, I believe it can be apart of a healthy diet.
Just like charcoal can be great for detoxing your skin, it can have the same benefits to your digestive system! How cool is that??
How to make a charcoal latte:
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan
- Using a whisk, stir until milk begins to froth
- Transfer to a high-speed blender and blend for about 10 seconds. This really gets your froth game going which we all love about lattes!
This activated charcoal recipe tastes like a warm steamed milk beverage that is lightly sweetened. Obviously, you can adjust the amount of sweetness to your liking, but the results will yield in a delicious vegan latte.
Note: Activated charcoal is a rather dense ingredient and can sink to the bottom. This is normal! Blending the ingredients together helps with this issue as well as consuming immediately.
Additional Activated Charcoal Uses:
- Activated charcoal can be used as a natural teeth whitener
- Make a detoxing face mask
- Can be used for treatment for different types of poison consumption (in both humans and dogs!)
Where to Buy Activated Charcoal:
Charcoal can be found at most health food stores but it is also available at Amazon!
Tip: Make sure to look for “food grade” it should specify on the label.
If you tried this vegan charcoal latte recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Activated Charcoal LattePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon food-grade activated charcoal
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- In small pot on medium heat, add all ingredients.
- Whisk vigorously until milk begins to froth.
- Transfer to blender and blend for 10 seconds until latte is nice and frothy
- Add to mug and enjoy warm.
- Mix all ingredients and pour in a glass over ice
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!