Calling all s’mores fans! This nostalgic campfire treat has gotten a vegan upgrade and I’m so in love with this dessert recipe. Layers of graham cracker crust, chocolate avocado mousse, and a vegan aquafaba whipped “cream”. Umm yes, please!
YASS look at that chocolatey, graham cracker-y, marshmallow-y goodness! This vegan dessert is perfect for Summer months since it requires no oven and well it’s s’mores of course!
Now would you believe me if I told you chickpeas and avocados were used to make these gorgeous parfaits?!
Well, it’s true! This healthy dessert is a must-try, my friends! And I hope you learn a lot today with this dessert recipe.
Ingredients for vegan s’mores parfait
This no-bake dessert has 3 layers:
Graham cracker layer
- Graham crackers
- Coconut oil
Chocolate mousse layer
- Cocoa powder
- Almond milk
Vegan whipped cream aka aquafaba
- Chickpea brine (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- Powdered sugar
How to make graham cracker crust
Add graham crackers to a food processor. Pulse until in fine pieces. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl and add melted coconut oil. Give it a good stir and rinse out the food processor to make the chocolate avocado mousse.
How to make the chocolate avocado mousse
Add all the ingredients for the mousse to the food processor and blend until smooth. You can taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
The avocado helps make a thick and creamy mousse using healthy fats!
What is aquafaba?
Aquafaba is actually chickpea water, or brine leftover from the can. So essentially when you drain a can of chickpeas, instead of letting that precious liquid go down the drain, you save it! When beaten with sugar, it becomes light and airy, making an excellent substitute for egg whites in vegan desserts.
Whoever discovered this is some kind of mad-scientist-foodie-genius in my book. Now go stock up on some cans of chickpeas and learn how to make this yummy treat!
How to make vegan whipped cream (aquafaba)
Drain your chickpeas over a bowl to catch that liquid gold. Add powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer or a stand mixer and after 5-10 minutes, you will see the magic start to happen.
The liquid will turn into this creamy, whipped texture. Crazy right?! It will take some time for it to become light and fluffy, but when it does oh my you’ll be amazed at the results!
Tip: Aquafaba doesn’t keep its volume for very long. I recommend serving these vegan s’mores right away for best results!
This healthy vegan dessert requires less than 10 ingredients and is the perfect no-bake recipe. Served in individual containers for the BEST sweet treat!
If you tried this vegan s’mores parfait, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan S'mores Parfaits
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 8 sheets graham crackers (reserve 1 for topping)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 large Hass avocado
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-6 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (this will depend on the consistency of mousse — use your discretion)
Vegan Whipped Cream:
- 4 Tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas — amount of liquid from 1 can)
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate chunks
- crushed graham crackers
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Place the graham crackers inside the food processor. Pulse until they are finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the melted coconut oil. Mix and set aside.
- Rinse the food processor. Place all the ingredients for mousse in the blender (except the almond milk) and blend until completely smooth.
- Add the almond milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. Mousse should be thick and pudding-like - not watery and pourable. It took me 6 tablespoons to get it to the consistency I wanted.
Vegan Whipped Cream (Aquqfaba):
- Drain a can of chickpeas into a large mixing bowl and save chickpeas for another recipe.
- Add powdered sugar to the mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, blend on medium-high speed for 5-10 minutes until liquid turns into a whipped cream consistency.
- Construct parfaits by layering graham cracker crumbles, chocolate mousse, then topping with whipped aquafaba. Repeat layers.
- Garnish with graham cracker pieces and chocolate chunks (optional).
- Consume right away. Aquafaba loses its volume fairly quickly so it’s best eaten immediately!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!