Chocolate, peanut butter and pretzel – try to think of a better flavor combination, I dare you. This flavor trifecta is simply perfection and what better way to get your snacking on than with these granola bars. This recipe THE best and I can get enough of ’em. When the hunger gets real, sometimes you just need a little indulgent snack to hold you over. Instead of grabbing a store-bought, processed snack, these plant based granola bars are made with real ingredients and are easy to make ahead and keep on hand. I also love that they are packed with protein, carbs, and natural fats to keep you full and healthy.
I’m planning a trip to New Orleans in the coming weeks and I’m always looking for healthy food I can take with me on flights. I don’t know what it is about airplanes, but it feels like I cannot stop snacking. This is the perfect recipe for me to make ahead and take with me to calm any hanger pains.
- 1 and ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup pretzels
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ cup agave nectar
- In large mixing bowl, add oats, chia seeds, chopped almonds, chocolate chips, and pretzels
- Add peanut butter and agave nectar to small pot and melt on low heat stirring frequently until peanut butter is completely smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oats and mix together
- Using a rubber spatula, add mixture to a parchment-lined 8 x 8 inch pan
- Place in fridge for 20 minutes to set
- Remove from fridge and cut in rectangles
- Store in fridge to preserve freshness
Show me your granola bars by snapping a pic and tagging me on Instagram @themindfulavocado or #mindfulavocado! I’d love to see your creation. Cheers, friends!