Classic strawberry banana smoothie gone vegan! This vegan strawberry banana smoothie is easy to make and healthy (thanks to the addition of spinach!)
Strawberry banana is probably my favorite fruit combo.
Yes, so basic. But so GOOD!
You’re probably thinking “what makes a smoothie not vegan”
Lot’s of smoothie recipes include dairy in the form of milk and yogurt. This recipe is made without milk or yogurt!
Shocking it took me this long to create a strawberry banana smoothie recipe for my blog, but alas, here we are.
Ingredients in a vegan strawberry banana smoothie
There are only 5 ingredients for this smoothie recipe. We have strawberries and bananas (duh). But also there’s almond milk, flax seed, and spinach.
How to make a vegan strawberry banana smoothie
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth
Tip: If you use frozen fruit, your smoothie will be thicker!
Ways to customize this healthy strawberry banana smoothie
- Add a scoop of protein powder to make it a healthy meal replacement. Vega is a great brand!
- For a superfood boost, add hemp seeds or chia seeds
- Instead of almond milk, try another plant-based milk like oat milk!
- Try adding a plant-based yogurt to thicken your smoothie
Smoothies make the best healthy breakfast on the go or even a quick snack.
You can also add all the ingredients (except for the almond milk) into mason jars and keep in the freezer until ready to make.
Meal prepping for the win!
If you tried this vegan strawberry banana smoothie, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana fresh or frozen (I prefer frozen to make a thicker smoothie)
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen (I prefer frozen to make a thicker smoothie)
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed optional
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!