PB + J fans will go CRAZY for this smoothie recipe! The taste of peanut butter and jelly blended into a delicious and gorgeous purple beverage. Plus, it only requires 6 ingredients!
Woah there…. peanut butter and jelly in a smoothie?!
Let me tell you, friends, I’m here for it!
This smoothie recipe has easily crept it’s way up to one of my favorites. It’s filling, healthy, easy to make, and just SO GOOD.
The balance of berries and peanut butter is such a winning combo and works so well in a smoothie.
Ingredients in peanut butter and jelly smoothie
You’re in luck if you are on a hunt for a smoothie without bananas because this recipe doesn’t have a naner in sight!
Yep, peanut butter and jelly smoothie without banana IS a thing! Check out all the ingredients below:
- Frozen berries
- Natural peanut butter
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
How to make a peanut butter and jelly smoothie
Simply add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Prep this smoothie in advance: You can add all the ingredients (minus the agave and almond milk) in mason jars and keep in the freezer. When ready to make, add mason jar ingredients into a blender along with almond milk and agave.
Can this PB and J Smoothie be a smoothie bowl?
This smoothie is THICK, girl! Like milkshake thick, I need to suck this smoothie with a big straw thick.
So yes, it can most certainly be thrown into a bowl and eaten with a spoon! I would maybe reduce the liquid a bit and add some more (if needed) to achieve a nice, thick, smoothie bowl consistency.
Ways to customize this peanut butter and jelly smoothie
- Substitute the peanut butter for another nut butter such as almond butter, cashew butter, or sun butter.
- Add spinach to make it a green smoothie! It might change the gorgeous purple hue, but hey, you’ll be getting in a serving of veggies!
- Add a scoop of vegan protein powder (I’d recommend natural or vanilla). Vega is an awesome brand!
- For a superfood boost, add hemp seeds or flax seeds
- Instead of almond milk, try another plant-based milk like oat milk!
If you tried this vegan peanut butter and jelly smoothie, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
If you like this smoothie recipe, you’ll LOVE:
Apple Pie Smoothie
Vegan Pineapple Kale Smoothie
Chocolate PB Banana Smoothie
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoons chia seeds optional
- 1/2 Tablespoon agave leave out if peanut butter has added sugar
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
3 thoughts on “Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Recipe”
These smoothies sound delicious Amanda! They’re so pretty too!!!
Dayum this looks so pretty, love the colour! 🙂
Thank you! I love that purple color too!