This vegan cobb salad is LOADED with delicious ingredients, making it hard to believe its vegan. Featuring crunchy baked coconut bacon, fresh veggies, a healthy dose of avocado, and a mouth-watering homemade ranch dressing. Get ready to fall in love with this salad recipe!
I think I have a new love affair… and it’s this vegan cobb salad.
I’m normally a salad type of girl. I crave salads. Some people think I’m crazy, but others get me.
This salad recipe is enjoyed by those people who are just dipping their toes in the salad pool. It’s so comforting and hearty yet full of healthy ingredients.
Ready to dive in?
What’s in a cobb salad?
Traditionally a cobb salad consists of romaine lettuce, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, chicken, tomatoes, bleu cheese, and red wine vinegar. Of course, there are variations, but that is the gist. Notice how basically all those ingredients are NOT vegan?! Yep, we’re going to change things up a bit!
Ingredients in a vegan cobb salad
- Romaine and spring mix (you can use whatever leafy green you desire though!)
- Grape tomatoes
- Red onions
- Sprouts or microgreens (these add such a great health boost!)
- Coconut bacon
- Homemade ranch dressing
Even though a cobb salad normally is paired with a vinaigrette instead of ranch, the swap is beyond delicious and takes place for the blue cheese crumbles were skipping.
How to make coconut bacon
COCONUT and BACON?! Now you don’t hear that every day. But it’s true! Coconut can taste like bacon!
- Mix together coconut flakes and seasonings
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 17 minutes, mixing frequently to prevent burning
I’ll even let you in on a little secret…. those bacon bits that come in a little shaker…. are not even real bacon. They are loaded with crappy ingredients but not a trace of meat in them so take that to your bacon loving friends when they scoff at coconut bacon, mmkay?!
How to make vegan ranch dressing
Most vegan ranch dressings call for cashews, but not in this recipe!
- Mix together vegan mayo, almond milk, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
The end result will be an herby and delicious ranch dressing!
What pairs well with a cobb salad?
Can I make a cobb salad in advance?
Yes and no. Definitely can make the coconut bacon and ranch dressing ahead of time.
Wait to assemble the salad and prep the veggies until you are ready to eat!
Tip: If raw red onions are not your thing, soak them in water after cutting them. It softens the intense flavor of raw onions!
If you tried this vegan cobb salad recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Check out these other great salad recipes!
Thai Quinoa Salad with Almond Butter Dressing
Summer Market Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Vegan Hippie Salad with “Cheesy” Cilantro Dressing
Vegan Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch DressingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Vegan Ranch Dressing:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo like veganaise or JUST mayo brand
- 1-1/2-2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- lettuce romaine, spring mix, spinach, etc.
- grape tomatoes halved
- avocado peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
To Make Coconut Bacon:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together coconut flakes with coconut aminos, liquid smoke, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and paprika.
- Spread coconut onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 17 minutes; stirring every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
To Make Vegan Ranch Dressing:
- In a bowl or mason jar, combine all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Assemble Salads:
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onions, and microgreens. Top with coconut bacon and serve with ranch dressing.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!