Looking for a delicious plant-based burger that holds together and tastes amazing? This quinoa burger fits the bill. Toasted quinoa, white beans, and veggies come together to make this delicious vegan burger in 40 minutes!
If there’s one thing that was hard for me to vegan-fy since becoming a vegetarian was a proper burger. There’s something about burger and fries that is just so damn comforting and American. These veggie burgers are bursting with flavor making me never look back on a traditional burger.
Here’s what makes these bad boys so good:
- Toasted quinoa: It adds a nice crunch and packs in protein
- White beans: Gives it a nice texture and adds fiber
- Roasted red peppers and sun dried tomatoes: because YUMM
- Pesto: This makes them so saucy and the flavor just marries with the burger so well
How to Make a Quinoa Burger:
- Prepare veggies. Cook in a pan until onions are translucent.
- Toast quinoa a pot for 1-2 minutes. Add water and bring to boil. Let cook for 13-15 minutes
- Drain beans and mash well in mixing bowl
- Add cooked veggies, cooked quinoa, oat flour, flaxseed, and seasonings
- Let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes. Remove from fridge and make patties.
- Bake for 20 minutes
Tip: Get as much liquid out of the roasted red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes as possible. The less liquid, the less the veggie burger will fall apart.
Pro Tip: To make uniform patties, a mason jar lid works wonders! Simply remove the middle insert and you have the perfect cookie cutter size for a veggie burger.
Make these burgers ahead of time and store in freezer for a healthy meal always on hand.
This quinoa burger has an Italian flair and tastes perfect with pesto. I even found ciabatta rolls at the grocery store that really takes this veggie burger to the next level. Pair with a fresh salad for an easy and healthy weeknight meal.
If you tried this vegan quinoa burger recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Italian White Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers
A quinoa burger with some Italian flair! Quinoa, white beans, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers come together to make this delicious plant-based and gluten-free burger.
For the Veggie Burger:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper thoroughly drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil thoroughly drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 can white beans
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Pesto:
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (roughly 4 cloves)
- arugula or spinach, baby kale, romaine lettuce
- ciabatta buns
To Make Veggie Burgers:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
Add teaspoon olive oil to pot on medium heat
Rinse quinoa and add to pan. Toast for 2 minutes.
Add 1 cup water and bring to boil for 13-15 minutes until quinoa is cooked
Remove from burner and place lid on top
In a small pan on medium heat, cook sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and onions for 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
Add garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant (about 30 seconds)
Add 1/2 cup rolled oats to blender or food processor and blend into a flour
Drain can of white beans and add to large mixing bowl. Mash beans in bowl with backside of fork.
Fluff quinoa with a fork and add to mixing bowl with white beans along with oat flour, flax seed, veggies, and seasonings.
Put in fridge for 20 mins to help bind ingredients. (if have time - if not that's okay)
Using a mason jar lid, make the mixture into patties and transfer to parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes
To Make Pesto:
Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth
Serve quinoa burger on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, and pesto
* To make oat flour, simply grind rolled oats in food processor until flour consistency is reached
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!