Gather fresh corn to make this delicious vegan corn chowder! A Summer soup loaded with veggies and a creamy, dairy-free broth.
Corn is one of those Summer vegetables I just can’t get enough of. I love corn on the cob from the grill – it tastes so sweet and its crunch is pure bliss. What better way to eat corn, well besides off the cob, than in hearty, creamy corn chowder?!
This vegan corn chowder recipe is so good you won’t even believe it’s vegan.
That’s my kind of recipe right there!
Ingredients in vegan corn chowder
- Fresh corn on the cob
- Red bell pepper
- Potato (omit if desired)
- Vegetable broth
- Coconut milk
- Red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
How to make vegan corn chowder
- Start by sauteeing the veggies in a pot with some olive oil
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a simmer
- Spoon half the chowder into a blender and puree
- Add pureed soup back to the remaining half and give it a good stir
What I love about this corn chowder is how easy it is to whip up and how healthy it is.
Don’t let the adjective “creamy” fool you either! This chowder recipe gets it’s creaminess from coconut milk so you get that hearty creamy deliciousness from healthy plant-based fats.
Vegan corn chowder for the win!
If you tried this vegan corn chowder recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Try pairing this soup recipe with some vegan cheddar bay biscuits!
Easy Vegan Corn ChowderPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 medium-sized red potatoes cubed (about 4 cups)
- 3-4 ears of corn
- 4 cups vegetable broth one carton
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes (optional)
- chopped green onions (optional)
- Pour olive oil into a large soup pot and place on medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until garlic is fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Shuck corn and cut kernels off the cob.
- Add vegetable broth, corn kernels, potatoes, and seasonings to pot. Bring chowder to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked. You can check by sticking a fork through the potato.
- Using a ladle, spoon half of the chowder into a blender. Add coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour blended soup back into soup pot and mix well.
- Let cook for 1-2 more minutes stirring frequently. Taste and season if needed.
- Serve with chopped green onions and chili flakes.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!