Rich, chocolatey vegan fudge with creamy tahini swirled on top is what dreams are made of. What’s even better is this tahini swirl vegan fudge only requires six ingredients.
I’m pretty sure there’s nothing on this planet more decadent than fudge. It’s so creamy, rich, chocolatey and perfect for all occasions. This vegan fudge is upgraded with a tahini swirl which not only is aesthetically pleasing, but just adds to the creaminess. Growing up in New England, where general stores still exist, getting fudge was quintessential to my youth. Unfortunately, most fudge only contains chocolate, powdered sugar, and butter. Yep, that’s it. So I was challenged to make this classic fudge veganize and boy does this recipe deliver. It took (literally) a million attempts to get it just right, and I may or may not have containers in my freezer for days, but it’s worth it.
After all my trial and errors creating this fudge recipe, here were my findings:
- Cocoa powder works better than chocolate chips. Not only is it easier to use cocoa powder since you don’t have to melt it, I felt like taste wise it is better too.
- Maple syrup wins over granulated sugar. Granulated sugar has a gritty texture and you want your fudge smooth.
- A pinch of salt and some vanilla extract really elevate this recipe. These two ingredients work wonders in taking fudge to the next level.
- The tahini swirl is optional but highly recommended. Taste wise, it’s the same, but it makes for way better eye candy
Fudge is so simple to make because there’s no baking required. Just melt the coconut oil, whisk everything together, pour in a container, and freeze. It’s perfect for the holidays, or to keep in the freezer for your emergency chocolate stash (I can’t be the only human to have one of these). Since this vegan fudge calls for coconut oil instead of butter, it is NOT as shelf stable as traditional fudge. Therefore, it’s best kept in the freezer!
If you tried this tahini swirl vegan fudge, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Tahini Swirl Vegan FudgePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Melt 1/2 cup coconut oil on stove top or microwave
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients for fudge. Whisk until all cocoa is smooth.
- Pour in parchment paper lined container. Set aside
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for tahini swirl
- Spoon dollops of tahini mixture on top of fudge. Using a knife, cut into fudge and make "swirl" patterns" until tahini is well incorporated into fudge.
- Place in freezer to set. Should take about 2 hours
- When fudge is set, remove from freezer and take out of the container by grabbing sides of parchment paper. Cut into squares using a sharp knife.
- Store leftovers in the freezer
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!