Hip hip for pancakes! Delicious pancakes that take virtually no time to whip up and only require THREE INGREDIENTS? Sign me up, please! These vegan banana pancakes are great for weekend breakfast or brunch and are so comforting, you won’t believe they are entirely plant-based! Grab some maple syrup and come join me for a pancake party!
Are you team pancake or team waffles? Personally, I’m team both BUT if I had to choose, pancakes take the cake. I catch myself making pancakes on the weekend far too often, as if that’s such a thing. I wanted a recipe that was easy to make for one, but also easy to scale up when cooking for friends. This recipe is perfect for that and not to mention calls for ingredients that are always on hand (at least in my household).
Ingredients in Vegan Banana Pancakes:
Instead of eggs and oil like traditional pancake mixes call for, this recipe requires pancake mix, bananas, and almond milk! This healthier alternative has a subtle banana flavor which I personally love, but the banana acts as a binding agent so no eggs are required. The almond milk is used as the oil substitute, making this recipe totally oil-free too! This eggless and oilless pancake recipe is truly a keeper.
Note: Although the recipe is oil free, I use the coconut oil cooking spray from Trader Joe’s which I cannot recommend enough! Regular coconut oil or butter will suffice too.
How to make vegan pancakes:
- Start out by mashing your bananas. You can use the backside of a fork.
- Pour in the almond milk and whisk well
- Add pancake mix and whisk until just mixed
Your batter should be thick and pourable. Add more almond milk until desired consistency is reached. If the batter is too watery, try adding some more pancake mix.
Using a 1/3 measuring cup, pour batter into greased pan, or griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes on one side before flipping over. Easy peasy!
Variations of this vegan banana pancakes recipe:
- Add chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter – this would taste amazing with the banana flavor!
- Add chocolate chips
- Mix almond butter or peanut butter with some maple syrup to make a delicious yet healthy protein kick!
- Use a gluten-free pancake mix, like Bob’s Red Mill to make this recipe GF
- Try a paleo pancake mix for those sticking to a paleo or keto diet!
This vegan banana pancake recipe is perfect for weekend breakfast or brunches! Top with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or even a vegan whipped cream for a decadent way to start your day. Looking for a recipe for one? No problem! You can cut this recipe into thirds for a single serving.
For this recipe, I used Wheat Montana 7 grain and flax pancake mix (affiliate link). This mix yields super fluffy pancakes and I highly recommend. Bob’s Red Mill (affiliate link) makes a great mix too!
P.S. Although those links are an affiliate (meaning I earn a small commission if you purchase), I’m not endorsed by either of these companies. Just a girl recommending some brands that I’ve tried and love!
If you tried this vegan banana pancakes recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Banana Pancakes - 3 Ingredients
- 3 medium-sized bananas
- 1+1/3 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1+1/3 cup pancake mix
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add bananas
- Using the back of a fork, mash bananas until all chunks are gone
- Pour almond milk and whisk until combined
- Add pancake mix and whisk again until just combined
- Heat pan or griddle over medium heat and spray with a nonstick cooking spray
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, add pancake batter to pan or griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes. Once the edges start to form small bubbles, use a spatula to flip pancakes
- Cook for an additional minutes
- Serve warm and top with fresh fruit and maple syrup
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!