This holiday cocktail recipe is a delicious combination of fresh cranberries, juicy clementines, and white wine. Make a batch of this festive white Christmas sangria for a crowd-pleaser that is perfect for all your holiday gatherings.
This post was updated in October 2019 with more tips and instructions
Christmas season is here and with the holidays come all the festivities and indulgences.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good party and delicious eggnog, but sometimes it’s just nice to have a light refreshing adult beverage ya know?
I paired some seasonal fruits with some white wine and created a festive sangria that tastes oh so light and crisp.
Ingredients in white Christmas sangria
- White wine
- Club soda
- Rosemary sprigs (for garnish)
What is the Best White Wine to Make Sangria?
When making sangria, you want a dry white wine. I recommend a pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc.
Good news is when making sangria, you can find an inexpensive bottle as you are adding fruit and club soda to make a delicious cocktail!
Because you make it into a big batch of course! Double, triple, quadruple this recipe (depending on the number of guests) and you can have a delicious mixed drink prepared versus someone playing bartender all night. Just do the prep work the night before and you’ll be party-ready the following day!
Tips to customize this cranberry clementine white sangria recipe:
- If you cannot find clementines, substitute with oranges! Works perfectly fine.
- Add pears and apples to add some more sweetness.
- Use different flavored sparkling water instead of club soda!
Cranberries are tart when they are raw. And to be frank, the flavor doesn’t come through by simply throwing them in the sangria. They provide more of a “festive touch”.
Two things I did to give this sangria recipe a slight cranberry flavor:
- If you have a juicer, you can juice one cup of cranberries and add an extra tablespoon of agave to the pitcher. This will not only give you a cranberry note, but it will also make your sangria a pinkish hue (a win in my book!)
- Use cranberry La Croix or other flavored club soda brand. It’s seriously a game changer and I highly recommend!
If you tried this white Christmas sangria recipe, let a girl know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Festive cheers my friends!
White Christmas SangriaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 bottle dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio) but Sauvignon Blanc is a good option too!
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 4-5 clementines quartered (can substitute with oranges)
- club soda
- rosemary sprigs (for garnish, optional)
- Place cranberries, agave, and clementines into a large pitcher.
- Pour white wine and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- When ready to serve, pour in glasses and top off with some club soda. Garnish with fruit and rosemary.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!