This fruity and festive cranberry mimosa recipe is perfect for Christmas brunch. Cranberry mimosas are just the right balance of sweet and tart, and garnished with fresh cranberries for a truly cheers-worthy cocktail!
I don’t know about you but I am ready to raise a glass or two this season.
There is no better way to celebrate the holidays than with family and friends and drinks, and I feel we could all really use some extra special festivities this year. Why not host a Thanksgiving or Christmas brunch for a fun afternoon filled with good cheer – and cheers!?
This cranberry mimosa recipe is sure to put everyone in the holiday spirit. It’s simple to make with just two ingredients, and includes real cranberries and rosemary for a lovely festive touch.
What is the difference between a mimosa and a Bellini?
Mimosas and Bellinis are both classic brunch drinks made with champagne or sparkling wine. Bellinis include fruit puree, usually peach – whereas you make mimosas with fruit juice, like orange juice or cranberry juice.
What is the best bubbly to use in this cranberry mimosa recipe?
Traditionally mimosas are made with champagne or a sparkling white wine, like Prosecco or Cava. Prosecco tends to be on the drier side, and Cava is a bit sweeter if you want to balance the tartness of the cranberries. A Brut champagne is also delicious!
Tips for making cranberry mimosas
After much testing (it’s a rough job, but hey…) I have figured out how to make the best brunch mimosas for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Here are a few key points to keep in mind to make sure your cranberry cocktails are perfect every time:
- Use the right glass. A true champagne flute will make a world of difference for taste! The drink will stay perkier for longer and more chilled if in a flute with a stem to keep your hand off of the glass.
- Tilt the glass at a 45-degree angle when pouring the bubbly. This will ensure that your drink is not pure carbonation, but still have that delightful effervescence.
- Make a large batch in a pitcher for a crowd. This is a great mixed cocktail to prepare right before the party starts and keep chilled. Just serve and garnish as guests arrive!
Ideas for garnishing
You should definitely use a few fresh cranberries to garnish each champagne glass. I also used a few springs of fresh rosemary to add a pop of color and add a bit of earthy flavor.
For an extra sweet treat, coat the rim of the glass with granulated sugar.
What to serve with a cranberry mimosa
Enjoy lightly sweet, wonderfully tart cranberry mimosas as part of your holiday brunch celebrations. It goes perfectly with my citrusy Orange Cranberry Quinoa Breakfast Bake or indulgent Vegan Cinnamon Rolls.
Check out my roundup of 25 Vegan Holiday Breakfast Recipes for more ideas!
If you tried this cranberry mimosa recipe let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
More festive holiday recipes you’ll LOVE:
- White Christmas Sangria
- Vegan Candy Cane Cookies
- Buddy the Elf Spaghetti
- Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 25 Vegan Christmas Recipes
Cranberry Mimosa Recipe
- 2 cups cranberry juice chilled
- 1 25-ounce bottle champagne or sparkling white wine
- fresh cranberries
- rosemary sprigs
- With champagne flute tilted at a 45 degree angle, slowly fill glass halfway with champagne.
- Top with cranberry juice. Garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary for a festive touch! Optional.
To Make In A Pitcher:
- Pour cranberry juice into a large pitcher. Place in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, pour in chilled champagne and stir.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!