Imagine sitting on the beach – toes in the sand, and the waves crashing in the distance. It’s a warm summer day with a cool tropical drink. You might not be able to live out that fantasy at the moment (bummer, I know right?) but you can bring a little bit of paradise to you with these papaya boats with chia pudding! Bowl foods are gaining popularity, but how about a bowl you can eat? These are quickly becoming a trendy vegan breakfast recipe and for good reason. For one, they are just gorgeous to look at and two, papaya is loaded with vital nutrients and enzymes. If you are looking for a healthier way to kickstart your day, look no further.
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
- Toppings: fresh fruit, unsweetened coconut shreds, hemp seeds
- The night before, mix chia seeds, almond milk, and agave nectar in a small bowl
- Place in fridge to set (preferably overnight)
- Cut papaya in half lengthwise
- Use a spoon to scoop out seeds
- Remove chia pudding from fridge and spoon into papaya
- Add fresh toppings and enjoy!
Seriously, like how freaking amazing do these look?
A taste of the tropics is *almost as good as being at the beach. almost.
You can see this recipe along with some of my other creations at Brit + Co! Enjoy friends! Remember to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @themindfulavocado or #mindfulavocado! I’d love to see your creation. Cheers, friends!