Imagine sitting on the beach – toes in the sand, and the waves crashing in the distance. It’s a warm summer day with a cool tropical drink. You might not be able to live out that fantasy at the moment (bummer, I know right?) but you can bring a little bit of paradise to you with these papaya boats filled with chia pudding! Bowl foods are gaining popularity, but what’s even better about this recipe is the bowl is edible too. Papaya boats are perfect for a healthy brunch or a quick breakfast during the week. I would LOVE to have a papaya boat party where everyone gets to make their own (seriously, accepting invites now.) This recipe is filled with chia pudding, which is a great source of vegan protein. Top with some fresh fruit, granola, or shredded coconut for that true tropical experience. Papayas are loaded with vital nutrients and enzymes too; so if you are looking for a healthier way to kickstart your day, look no further.
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
- Toppings: fresh fruit, unsweetened coconut shreds, hemp seeds
- The night before, mix chia seeds, almond milk, and agave nectar in a small bowl
- Place in fridge to set (preferably overnight)
- Cut papaya in half lengthwise
- Use a spoon to scoop out seeds
- Remove chia pudding from fridge and spoon into papaya
- Add fresh toppings and enjoy!
A taste of the tropics in these papaya boats is *almost as good as being at the beach. almost.
You can see this recipe along with some of my other creations at Brit + Co!