These rosemary vegan biscuits are THE ultimate comfort food because when done right, they are buttery, flakey, and so dang delicious. They are so versatile because they work great for breakfast, or a side for lunch and dinner. Not only did they go well with soup, but they make tasty breakfast sandwiches too.
This post was originally published in May 2017. New pictures and recipe tips have been updated.
If you’re like me, soup and bread are some of those things that just go hand in hand. I can honestly admit I cannot remember a time I ate soup without the carb counterpart.
Remember when I shared with you my lemon chickpea orzo soup? It’s a perfect springtime soup and these rosemary biscuits are it’s BFF.
Ingredients for rosemary biscuits
- Baking powder
- Fresh rosemary
- Vegan butter
- Plant-based milk (I used almond)
How to make vegan rosemary biscuits
- Start by whisking together all the dry ingredients
- Grate the butter and add to mixture
- Add milk and mix ingredients until just incorporated
What grate butter when making biscuits?
Let me tell you, this step is CRUCIAL and makes these biscuits so buttery and flakey – which is exactly what you want in a biscuit. It evenly disperses the butter and creates the perfect flakes when baking.
Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick onto a floured surface.
Cut out biscuits with a 2.5″ cookie cutter.
Tip: To make uniform biscuits, try using a mason jar lid (regular size NOT the wide mouth) as a cutter! It creates the perfect biscuit size and it’s a great way to multi-purpose your kitchen equipment.
Place biscuits onto a baking sheet and baking for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Once perfectly baked, transfer to a cooling rack and brush with melted butter as well as top with chopped rosemary.
These rosemary vegan biscuits are perfect for holidays such as Easter or Thanksgiving. They also make great biscuits for breakfast sandwiches or a delicious side for soup! Leftovers keep for 3-5 days, but they never last that long in my house!
If you tried these vegan rosemary biscuits, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Rosemary Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons vegan butter cold ( I use Earth Balance)
- 1 Tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and rosemary together.
- Using a grater, grate butter into the dry mixture.
- Add milk and mix until you have a stiff dough.
- Put the mixture on a floured surface and knead a few times ensuring dough is not sticky.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut out circle shapes using a cookie cutter or mason jar lid.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and transfer to a cooling rack. Brush with additional melted butter and top with chopped rosemary. Leftovers keep at room temperature for about 3 days.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which does not impact the cost to you, but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!