This vegan macaroni salad is TO DIE FOR. A bed of macaroni with fresh veggies and a delicious mayo-based dressing. It’s the perfect side dish for any BBQ, potluck, or cookout!
What’s better than a cold pasta salad?!
Not too much in my humble opinion.
This vegan macaroni salad features macaroni, crisp veggies, and a mouth-watering dressing that’s not super heavy on the mayo (vegan mayo that is!)
Ingredients for macaroni salad
- Elbow macaroni (can substitute with a GF variety like Banza)
- Red onion
- Red pepper
- Vegan mayonnaise (I like Follow Your Heart)
- White vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Celery salt
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Vegan Macaroni Salad
It doesn’t get much simpler than a homemade mac salad! Follow the steps below:
- Cook the pasta according to the package
- Prep the veggies! Tip: I like to dive my veggies small, especially the onions!
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing
- Mix it all together and let it chill until ready to serve
Note: Macaroni salad tastes better after chilling in the fridge as the flavors have time to meddle. I recommend making the day before serving for optimal taste!
How to Store Macaroni Salad
Macaroni salad keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for about 1 week.
Can macaroni salad be frozen?
No, this is not a make-ahead recipe. Pasta is not the most freezer-friendly foods! This recipe is so easy to make though, I’m confident you can whip it up in no time.
This vegan side dish is perfect for cookouts or BBQs. It’s great in the summer (although I can enjoy it all year long!)
If you tried this vegan macaroni salad recipe, let me know in the comments below and share a photo using #mindfulavocado. I’d love to hear from you! Want to see more recipes? Let’s get social! CONNECT WITH ME on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to see what I’m currently cooking up!
Vegan Macaroni SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 16-ounce box elbow pasta can substitute with gluten-free pasta
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon agave can substitute with maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add chopped veggies to the bowl.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the macaroni and mix well.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least two hours (preferably overnight!) Taste and adjust seasonings and top with parsley before serving.
Please note this post may contain affiliate links which do not impact the cost to you but gives me a small commission. Thank you for your support!
DID YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE? GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!