Vegan Avocado Tacos with Chipotle Crema
Avocado wedges breaded and baked to perfection are the best filler for a vegan taco! Wrap in a tortilla with veggies or a lettuce wrap for a healthy dinner recipe!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 3 medium avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 cup almond meal can substitute with breadcrumbs if not gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- flour tortillas can use corn tortillas for a GF option or lettuce wraps for low carb
- green and purple cabbage
- cilantro and fresh lime wedges
- 2 Tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can of chipotles
- 1/4 lime juiced
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cut avocado lengthwise and twist halves to separate. Remove pit and peel skin off. Cut into wedges.
Pour almond milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl mix almond meal and seasonings.
Dip avocado slices in almond milk then press in almond meal to coat avocado slice on all sides. Using a spoon to pour the almond meal on the avocado makes this step easier and less messy!
Place avocado fries on nonstick baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden.
Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes. Taste best if eaten immediately.
Serving: 2tacos (nutrition facts will vary based on ingredients) | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.6g | Protein: 7.9g | Fat: 17.5g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 448mg | Fiber: 8.2g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg