Vegan Black Bean and Corn Burgers
These vegan and gluten-free veggie burgers are loaded with Mexican flavors! Perfect for an easy weeknight meal or a quick and healthy lunch or dinner.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 6 veggie burgers
Black Bean and Corn Burgers:
- 1 14.5-ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup oat flour can substitute with all-purpose or whole wheat
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- hamburger buns
- red onion
- 2 Tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can of chipotles
- 1/4 lime juiced
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make oat flour: Process oats in a food processor or spice grinder until flour-like consistency.
Add to mixing bowl along with rest of the veggie burger ingredients.
Use a potato masher and smash black beans and rice. Mix until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. The mixture should be sticky and dough-like. If the mixture is too liquidy, add more ground flaxseed or oat flour. If too firm, add a small amount of water.
Using a 1/3 cup, scoop veggie burger mixture and form into patties using hands. Transfer to a baking sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Serving: 1veggie burger (without bun or toppings) | Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.5g | Protein: 3.8g | Fat: 1.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 3.4g | Sugar: 1.1g | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 2mg