Savory Baked Tofu Filets
This vegan recipe is a great source of protein and is delicious for lunch or dinner. Breadcrumbs, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and sage make these tofu filets irresistible.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 3 servings
- 1 package tofu extra firm
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plain or whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage minced (can substitute with any fresh herb)
- 1 shallot minced (about 1 1/2 Tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
Add pecans and pumpkin seeds (pepitas) to food processor and blend until nuts are in breadcrumb-sized pieces
Add minced shallot, garlic, and sage in food processor. Pulse a couple times to incorporate
Pour mixture into shallow pan and add breadcrumbs, lemon, zest, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 Tablespoons dijon mustard and 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice.
Using hands, one by one dip tofu slices in mustard ensuring all sides have a light coat. Transfer to baking dish with breadcrumbs and press tofu on all sides to make sure breaking sticks.
Transfer to baking sheet
Bake for 20 minutes
Remove from oven and let cool. Leftovers keep for 5-7 days.
Serving: 1filet (without sauce) | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.7g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 7.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 211mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 0.9g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.8mg