Vegan Alfredo Sauce Recipe
So creamy without all the cheese and dairy! This recipe only requires 7 ingredients and can be made in less than 30 minutes. Combine with your favorite pasta like fettuccine and broccoli for an easy weeknight dinner.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- fettuccine pasta about 1/2 package uncooked
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white or yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked in water for at least 4 hours (see notes for quicker method)
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Heat olive oil in a pan on low- medium heat.
Sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Add to high-speed blender along with remaining ingredients.
Cook pasta according to instructions. To steam the broccoli, I like to put a wire mesh strainer over the pot of pasta and add the broccoli. Steam until bright green.
Combine cooked pasta, broccoli, and sauce. Serve warm. Leftovers keep in the fridge for about 5 days.
If you don't have time to soak cashews, use the quick method:
- Boil a pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Pout water into glass or mason jar and add cashews.
- Let sit uncovered for 15 minutes.
Serving: 1serving of sauce (1/4 recipe) does not include pasta or vegetables | Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.9g | Protein: 3.3g | Fat: 8.2g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Sodium: 477mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2.1g | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1.4mg