Vegan Mexican Wedding Cookies
Also known as Russian Tea Cakes or Snowballs, this traditional cookie has gone vegan! Cookie full of a buttery, nutty flavor rolled up in powdered sugar. Perfect for cookie swaps or any holiday occasion, these classic cookies are the best!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 24 cookies (depending on size)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened (use refined coconut oil for a less coconutty flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spoon & level method
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon almond milk
- powdered sugar for rolling cookies in once baked
Using a hand mixer, beat coconut oil and vanilla until nice and fluffy.
In a food processor, blend walnuts and pecans until fine. Add flour, powdered sugar, and salt and pulse 1-2 times until blended.
Add dry ingredients to wet and blend until just combined. Dough will be crumbly yet you should be able to form the balls with your hands. If not, add 1/2-1 teaspoon of liquid such as water or almond milk.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Roll cooled cookies in powdered sugar. Can roll them a second time if desired.
- Can substitute pecans or walnuts for all of one variety so you don't have to get two types of nuts.
- Try toasting nuts before processing in the food processor to take these cookies to the next level!
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.5g | Protein: 0.6g | Fat: 5.1g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 4.5g | Iron: 1%