Kale Quinoa Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
This healthy vegan salad is PACKED with real ingredients and is so delicious. Kale, quinoa, carrots, and cabbage, all topped with a zesty carrot ginger dressing! You won't believe how quick and easy it is to make this entire salad start to finish.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 salads
For the Salad:
- 4 cups curly kale destemmed and torn
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
For the Dressing:
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped (can use 1 cup of shredded carrots instead)
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice about the juice of one lime
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or other neutral oil like grapeseed
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place 1 cup of water in a pot on high heat. Bring to boil.
Rinse quinoa in sieve and place in the pot of boiling water. Place lid on the pot and reduce heat to low-medium. Cook until all water is evaporated (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and let sit.
Destem and tear kale. Wash kale by massaging under warm water. Rinse and lay out on towels to dry.
Add washed kale to a large mixing bowl, add carrots and cabbage.
Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and add to salad. Mix well.
Make the Dressing:
In a food processor, add all ingredients to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and add salt if needed.
To serve, add kale to bowls and top with dressing. Add sliced almonds on top.
Serving: 1side salad (1/4 recipe) | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.5g | Protein: 5.7g | Fat: 13.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 4.3g | Sugar: 9.2g | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2.5mg