Vegan Sriracha Chili
This hearty chili is comforting on a cold day and makes a great wholesome plant-based meal. Packed with vegan protein and adds a little kick with one of my favorite condiments - Sriracha! Make a big batch to eat all week and have it with a side of cornbread. This is a meal you won't regret.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1 14-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- lime wedges for garnish (optional)
In a large soup pot on medium heat, add olive oil.
Add onions and peppers and stir well. Cook until translucent (5-7 minutes).
Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Add Sriracha, beans, tomatoes, corn, and vegetable broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Add salt and pepper and give a good stir. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and extra Sriracha (optional)
- Leftovers keep in the fridge for about a week.
- This meal can be frozen. Put chili in an airtight container or freezer bag. If using a freezer bag, remove air and freeze laying flat.
- Serving suggestions - cornbread, coleslaw, green salad, or sweet potato fries.
Serving: 1bowl (1/4 recipe) | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 52.1g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 5.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Sodium: 382mg | Fiber: 13.1g | Sugar: 10g