I don’t know what it is about Summer, but it always seems to fly by. My Summer has been full of life changes and it seems like I haven’t had time to just relax. Like how is it already August?! All these plans for little weekend getaways starts to become a distant thought because before you know it, Fall is approaching. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for Autumn too, but let’s live in the now and squeeze everything we can out of sweet Summer time! And the one way we can do that is enjoy some watermelon mint mimosas.
Okay, so less season changing talk, and more mimosa talk. This boozy drink is so on season and delicious. Watermelon juice is so refreshing and adding mint just takes it to a whole ‘nother level. Mimosas are great for brunch, and relaxing by the pool on a hot summer day. This recipe doesn’t use any added sugars so it’s a healthier option than store bought juices.Even sans alcohol, this drink recipe tastes great and is a healthy juice recipe. Since these warmer days are numbered, let’s take advantage by sipping on a yummy cocktail.
- 10 cups watermelon, cubed (about 1 half large watermelon)
- handful mint leaves (about ¼ cup)
- 1 bottle champagne
- lime for garnish (optional)
- Using a mortar and pestle, muddle mint until fragrant
- Add cubed watermelon and mint to blender
- Blend until smooth
- Using a wire mesh strainer, drain juice into a large bowl or pitcher to remove pulp
- Fill champagne glasses about halfway with watermelon juice
- Top rest of glass off with champagne
- Garnish with lime wedge, mini watermelon slice, and mint leaf (optional)
If you try this watermelon mint mimosa, snap a pic and give me a shout out on Instagram @themindfulavocado or #mindfulavocado. Cheers friends!